“New and clean with a friendly, helpful staff”

Hyatt Place Charlotte Downtown
Ranked #32 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Every staff member I encountered here was customer focused, helpful and friendly. The bartenders in the lounge/restaurant were outstanding! Thanks for the great service to Alex and Danae (I hope I spelled her name correctly). They remembered our drink orders perfectly from night to night and were always ready with recommendations on local places to eat. I would definitely stay here again. Free wifi throughout the property and it worked great!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Wonderful location centrally located to great restaurants within walking distance. The hotel was modern and clean with friendly, courteous staff. The breakfast was a pleasant surprise with a good variety. For a great view of the city don't miss visiting the 21st floor, wow!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the ice machine are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The location is good, easy walk to several spots. As other posts have said it is not easy to find the valet parking station. There is a really nice rooftop restaurant. The pool is outdoor on the roof. The room was clean, there were a lot of TV stations. The breakfast was good and the overall service was good. We will stay here again when visiting Charlotte.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed he for three nights in Feb. location is just a few blocks from the central downtown boulevard. Walking is not an issue. Hotel is still having small issues. I discovered that there were leveling cleats still visible under the counters in the lobby in public view. I mentioned this to the general manager... How did such a visible location gone unnoticed by the contractor or the hotel managers? I could never imagine building a home and leaving these in plain sight!
Room was a corner suite with a king and a living, dining, and kitchen space. Kitchen was not adequately provisioned for use. Plates, silver wear? Lovely bathroom with modern fixtures and a great shower made a difference. Tiled stall with sliding doors big enough for two sure beats the average. Would stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was extremely pleased with my recent stay at the Hyatt Place Charlotte Downtown. As soon as I arrived I was greeted by a warm professional Valet parking attendant that kindly provided service with unloading my luggage and parking my car. I was greeted by a warm professional ambassador upon checking in that made the process extremely easy, quick and seamless right in the midst of providing assistance to other guests for two separate family reunions and a bridal shower. I found the room to be extremely comfortable, quiet and immaculate. My view was phenomenal and I really appreciated the chase lounge with the soft warm blanket which I used while watching television. The amenities of the property were endless and all within reach as I especially enjoyed the multiple flat screen televisions in the sleeping area and dining area. I thoroughly enjoyed the hot breakfast provided during my stay which was replenished by kind attendants who offered assistance with special requests. BRAVO Hyatt Place Charlotte Downtown ambassadors!!! Well done!!!! I look forward to my next stay at the property when I return to the "Queen City".

Room Tip: All rooms are spectacular as it overlooks the city of Charlotte and the hotel property starts on the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2014

this was our first trip to downtown Charlotte -- the hotel is very modern and clean and staffed with great folks--very professional and attentive and helpful.
the room was wonderful and the breakfast was great. very close to shops and food and entertainment and NASCAR museum.
we plan to go back

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel was a good location to stay at very clean, friendly staff and a OK breakfast. The hotel entrance is hard to find and you can only valet park your car ($20) per day ouch. But, I would come back and stay again the quite sleep was worth it.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family