“Modern, oversized suite with generous shower”

Hyatt Place Charlotte Downtown
Ranked #32 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed he for three nights in Feb. location is just a few blocks from the central downtown boulevard. Walking is not an issue. Hotel is still having small issues. I discovered that there were leveling cleats still visible under the counters in the lobby in public view. I mentioned this to the general manager... How did such a visible location gone unnoticed by the contractor or the hotel managers? I could never imagine building a home and leaving these in plain sight!
Room was a corner suite with a king and a living, dining, and kitchen space. Kitchen was not adequately provisioned for use. Plates, silver wear? Lovely bathroom with modern fixtures and a great shower made a difference. Tiled stall with sliding doors big enough for two sure beats the average. Would stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Charlotte Downtown

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was extremely pleased with my recent stay at the Hyatt Place Charlotte Downtown. As soon as I arrived I was greeted by a warm professional Valet parking attendant that kindly provided service with unloading my luggage and parking my car. I was greeted by a warm professional ambassador upon checking in that made the process extremely easy, quick and seamless right in the midst of providing assistance to other guests for two separate family reunions and a bridal shower. I found the room to be extremely comfortable, quiet and immaculate. My view was phenomenal and I really appreciated the chase lounge with the soft warm blanket which I used while watching television. The amenities of the property were endless and all within reach as I especially enjoyed the multiple flat screen televisions in the sleeping area and dining area. I thoroughly enjoyed the hot breakfast provided during my stay which was replenished by kind attendants who offered assistance with special requests. BRAVO Hyatt Place Charlotte Downtown ambassadors!!! Well done!!!! I look forward to my next stay at the property when I return to the "Queen City".

Room Tip: All rooms are spectacular as it overlooks the city of Charlotte and the hotel property starts on the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2014

this was our first trip to downtown Charlotte -- the hotel is very modern and clean and staffed with great folks--very professional and attentive and helpful.
the room was wonderful and the breakfast was great. very close to shops and food and entertainment and NASCAR museum.
we plan to go back

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel was a good location to stay at very clean, friendly staff and a OK breakfast. The hotel entrance is hard to find and you can only valet park your car ($20) per day ouch. But, I would come back and stay again the quite sleep was worth it.

1  Thank wanda h
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The staff are what make this property an easy 5 star rating in my opinion.
Good location with many downtown options just a short walk away.
The hotel is fairly new and everything seemed clean and well maintained.
Our room (1124) was huge and appointed with everything to make our stay pleasant.
The valet ($20 daily) is the best option for parking as you can come and go as you please.
The only semi negative would be the internet speed could use an upgrade.

Room Tip: 1124 huge corner room facing Nascar Museum
2  Thank CarolinaCoopers
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I, and three other of my friends, stayed in Charlotte for four days on business. I've got to say, the Hyatt was amazing! The entire staff was extremely friendly, even when we ordered food at 3 AM. The valet guys were super nice and joked around with us our whole stay, they really made us feel welcome. The breakfast in the morning, and the food in general was delicious (totally recommend the muffins and cheesecake!) On top of the food and customer service, the prices were great for the location, the rooms were super clean every time we returned, and our view on the 14th floor was gorgeous to wake up to every morning. This is hands down the best hotel I've been in! My friends also agree! 5 stars all around!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Egeralex2013
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed on a Saturday and Sunday night. Saturday was crowded and the bachelorette party next door was loud but luckily not to late! Sunday was quiet and serene. Room was large and comfortable! Front desk service was good. Breakfast on Sunday Morning, when we arrived a half hour before the end, was out of most food. The bagel and coffee we did get was good. Next time we're going to try the Hyatt House and see how they compare, they are almost next door, just in sight of the hyatt place.

Room Tip: ask for the city side of the building!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple