“Cozy spot for a drink”

Lobby Lounge at The Ritz-Carlton
Ranked #206 of 2,389 Restaurants in Charlotte
“Cozy spot for a drink”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

While waiting for our reservation at BLT we stopped into the Lobby Lounge. It's got a great modern feel, softly lit along with a nice fireplace. Tables & comfortable chairs which encourage you to sit, stay a while and enjoy a drink or a quick bite. The waitress was a bit indifferent. Other than that, we enjoyed it.

• Visited December 2013

Charlotte
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid the "Lobby Lounge"”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

For anyone thinking about splurging on the Ritz in Charlotte save your money. While I cannot comment on the rooms I recently visited the Lobby Lounge area for my Bachelorette party. I live and work in Uptown Charlotte and know the area very well, I was looking for a nice time with my girl friends and hoped the Ritz would provide an upscale experience, I was wrong.

Atmosphere -
First the lobby lounge is pitch black, were it not for the single lit candle we would have been unable to read the drink menus or even have the waitress check our ID's!! I'm all for dim lighting but this was unacceptable.

Service -
Our waitress was aloof and seemed uninterested in helping the table with drinks or offering food suggestions and tried to take the food we had purchased at the hotels attached bakery away several times, we had order half a dozen baked good along with truffles and such and were enjoying them slowly over our bottle of wine and several times she tried to remove the items, perhaps we were occupying the table too long?

We were never offered additional drinks and had to pour our own wine. And now for the reason I'm writing this review, One of my bridesmaids ordered a mixed drink with Vodka in it and it arrived with a fly in it! After flagging down the waitress to address the issue she removed the drink and returned with another 3/4 way full - I wonder how that happened.

She never actually apologized, she took the drink, returned with what looked like the same drink with the fly fished out, and plopped it down. She did return some time later to comment how weird it was that the fly was in the vodka, and that typically they find flies in the scotch. "And its really weird because Vodka's not sweet at all you know?"

At the end of the night we got the checks and asked to speak to a manager who did finally apologize and take the fly ridden drink off of our bill.

Overall Experience -

There are way better places to get a drink, the wine menu is a joke at best and the service is terrible.