“Crack heads, Hookers and drug deals !!!! STAY CLEAR !!!”

Knights Inn Charlotte South
Ranked #135 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Checked into this dump about 3 in the morning..... Should have know what was going on there, they sell lube and condoms at the front desk.... checked into our room, and with in less than a minute a woman ask if she could use our restroom... I was nice and said yes, after coming out of the bathroom she said her "ride" had left and if I could drop her off somewhere... I told her no, than she ask for money..... I told her I didnt have any... than her responce was she would go DOWN on me and my roomate.... needless to say my roomate told her to get out... The room is filthy, there are mouse droppings on the furniture and in the drawers, the bathroom is disgussting, there is blood on the walls, no alarm clock or remote for the tv (which was snowy) When I checked out the guy at the front desk was on the phone and just grabbed the keys out of my hand and litterally shewed me away... had to go back in to get a receipt....
WARNING STAY CLEAR OF THIS PLACE , YOU TAKE LITTERALLY COULD DIE HERE !!!!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
13  Thank bubba b
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Charlotte South

Reviewed September 8, 2011

The only way that person give that review in August is that that person is the owner or have some interest in the place. The first night, my sister was offered money for sex. The guy wouldn't leave her alone. We reported this to the hotel manager. Came outside, people was actually fighting outside the hotel. We were called a bunch of noisy b_tches by the patrons of that hotel, who we believe lived at the hotel. All we was doing was walking to our fifthy room. Who by the was the maintenance, security, and manager. The pictures below are a lie. That place is for prostitutes, druggies, drug dealers, etc. It looked like a hotel for shelter. It was dirty. The microwave half cooked. the tv was snowy. We was met by bugs in bathroom. The only reason, we didn't leave right away was because we was not familiar with Charlotte and it was late. We slept in our clothes that we traveled in all day. The toilet stopped up, when it was reported, they gave the plunger to my sister to unplug the toilet. I went up the next morning and demanded my money back. The manager told us it was a 5 star hotel. This place is a nightmare. DOn't believe the pictures you see below. I hear the others were nice but the one on Nation Ford Road. RUN!!! Dont' Pass Stop! Keep Running. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. And, if management want to challenge me on this I have pictures.

Room Tip: Stay out of this shelter!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank bigbadbama
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The staff and management was very friendly like I was the only person in the hotel. They went above and beyond to acomodate me. I stay in many hotels and this service and price has been the best yet. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very clean, brand new refrigerator and microwave. They were half the price of everyone else in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The room was quiet, clean, and spacious and everything worked as it should. It was a bargain for what you get. Employees were courteous and most attentive to our needs. The king bed was most comfortable. The muffin and coffee for breakfast was a real plus. Why would you want to pay more at other motels?

Room Tip: Stay on the back side of this motel away from the office for maximum quiet
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2011

First and foremost the AC has a mind of its own and get cold when it wants to. They have a gate that is controlled by a remote that that they front desk people have, and they do not be there to open it on time. They have kids climbing the gate with puppies and a whole bunch of Mexican live there, literary live there. They have mice but only seen one once and also the blanket look like they wasn't washed. not to mention these a lady walking around with a pet squirrel named stitch.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank john9644
Reviewed January 31, 2010

well they are new owners and i love this place.... they have changed so much i know others here have said that this hotel sucks but i mean that was like in 2003 and now 2010 there is a new owner and it is amazing down there..

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank musicloversofia
Reviewed April 5, 2009

If I could give this place negative stars I would. We stayed there a few days ago on our way to Florida and if I knew the area at all we would have stayed somewhere else. First off it is in the middle of what looks like a war zone. We saw a blatant drug deal at the gas station next door. When we entered the parking lot there is a security gate that you have to go through and an ARMED security guard. I was in fear for my life but couldn't drive any further that night and needed to rest. All night all I heard was people pulling in and out, yelling and general ruckus. At least there were clean sheets but that was the only positive. The bolt on the door looked as if it had been kicked in a few times, there were bars on the window and I didn't notice it until the next morning that what looked like blood spatters were on the ceiling. This was obviously the type of place that you get a hooker and stay up all night smoking crack.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo