“Great Sandwiches”

Ranked #1,541 of 2,386 Restaurants in Charlotte
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Great Sandwiches”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The staff were attentive and went out of their way to make a special sandwich for me that I was taking on the plane. In addition had one of the best Lemon Bars (with Raspberries) EVER!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank lisapilorz

North Charleston, South Carolina
“Good lunch spot”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We visited the "Community Cafe" location for which I cannot find a TripAdvisor listing.

Very good sandwich & soup. I had the "Loretta Lynn" pimento, bacon, & tomato on grilled sourdough. Also did the "Southern Potlicker" in honor of New Years Eve. Very good.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank smydauf
NC
“Really Disappointed”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I read about this place in a local magazine. It sounded great so
I planned all week to drive the 30 minutes with a list of must tries. Sadly I have disliked virtually everything-- chicken cacciatori, pita chips, bacon, cheddar, cheese spread, chicken salad. Meatloaf was OK. Obviously it just doesn't match my likes and does plenty of other folks as it is popular. But I wan't be back.

• Visited September 2013
Ashburn, Virginia
“Excellent & Unique”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Since I am now working in uptown Charlotte, Something Classic has become my daily lunch spot. The sandwiches, my favorites are the Egg Salad, Tuna Salad, the Southern Sammie and the "Desi Arnez" ( an excellent hot Cuban sandwich with a choice of sides). The Southern Sammie is a very good BBQ sandwich with black eyed pea caviar / paste. I have also enjoyed the watermelon and peach gazpacho and a chef salad. All the meats are preservative free, everything is so fresh and of course, don't forget the desserts (whoppie pies, brownies and more). I always get my order to go. However, there are tables and chairs and the cafe is bright and cheery. The staff are also very friendly!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MelanieW542
Charlotte
“Not your usual sandwich”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Something Classic is a great place for a casual lunch. Their sandwiches are fresh, made to order, and a little different. My favorite is the smoked turkey with brie and granny smith apple. My husband loved the "Humphrey Bogart" of roast beef, swiss, and carmelized onions. All sandwiches come on your choice of bread, grilled or not, with one side for $6.95. Staff is very attentive and friendly. Eat in or outside on their patio. Something Classic's main business is catering, so they also sell entrees, soups, desserts, and breads to take home and enjoy. Definitely on our list to return!

• Visited February 2012