“Not your usual sandwich”

Something Classic Cafe
Ranked #1,153 of 2,570 Restaurants in Charlotte
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Something Classic is a great place for a casual lunch. Their sandwiches are fresh, made to order, and a little different. My favorite is the smoked turkey with brie and granny smith apple. My husband loved the "Humphrey Bogart" of roast beef, swiss, and carmelized onions. All sandwiches come on your choice of bread, grilled or not, with one side for $6.95. Staff is very attentive and friendly. Eat in or outside on their patio. Something Classic's main business is catering, so they also sell entrees, soups, desserts, and breads to take home and enjoy. Definitely on our list to return!

Reviewed January 28, 2012

They are awesome when it comes to take-out & catering.

1  Thank Ben A

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor Member
Charlote North Carolina
Reviewed March 13, 2005

When I moved to Charlotte, I was very exicited to hear about Something Classic. I missed the gourmet shopes back home. But I was so disappointed when I actually visited the store and bought some items. The service was excellant but I noticed that the store itself was dirty and in need of cleaning. The two entrees that I bought: Curry Chicken Divan and Vegetable Lasagna, were awful. The broccoli in the divan had an awful stench and was very soggy. The chicken was of poor quality and not worth the $11. The Vegetable Lasagna was not as bad as the Divan. The sauce was tasty but the noodles were undercooked and chewy. There were also pratically no vegetables. The two dinners were not worth $20. I wouldn't pay $5 for both!

The dinners did not include nutrition information either. As a mother of two and a wife of a heavy husband, I am always checking the nutrition labels. I can't believe that a company would sell food without these labels.

I would not reccomend Something Classic. Go elsewhere!! Go to the orignal -Dean & DeLuca! Something Classic is just a poor imitation.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member