“You can't find better than this for family dining”

John's Family Restaurant
Ranked #568 of 2,439 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 7, 2013

From the time you drive through the parking lot and see the well manicured landscape, you know that the place is well cared for and professionally established. You will be pleased with the best menu selection of home-cooking and traditional selections. The wait staff is friendly and is "on top" of your every need.

The food is superb and desserts cannot be missed - all home made. Now the surprise is the price! It is so affordable, we don't think we could match it anywhere. We hope they don't change a thing. We will return again and again.

2  Thank carolinacouple_10

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Slow service, food just okay. Plain simple menu, just did not do anything for us. Will try others in the area.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Authentic, home made, Southern food. The service was great, real nice atmosphere, good prices. This is the food I grew up on in the South. Everything was delicious!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I ate dinner here and we were NOT happy to say the least. My beer was served in a can my mashed potatoes tasted pre packaged and were very watery. My roast beef had a very bad and old taste to it and my wife's chicken was very dry like it had been in the oven all day. We will never go back to this place unless it goes on restaurant impossible lol

Reviewed January 3, 2013

John's is an old fashioned restaraunt, focusing more on the senior crowd, but they make amazing food. My favorite dish is the Chicken, but realize that this dish takes about 25 minutes to make, and they make it to order, so be prepared for a wait. It is worth the wait. The chicken is done to perfection, although a little underseasoned. I do not salt food often, but the chicken is in need of a little salt.
The Chicken and Rice soup is also great, as is the assortment of different sides you can get. This is typical of Diners, and John's is no exception.