“Nice alley! ”

Ranked #1,058 of 2,457 Restaurants in Charlotte
Neighborhood: Madison Park
Neighborhood: Madison Park
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice bowling alley. However, if you aren't into loud music and strobe lights you should not go on a fri or sat night. It is a younger, drunker crowd and the strobe lights at one of the bars was enough to make my eyes bleed. Still a fun time but I don't think a bowling alley should resemble a nightclub. I would only give 3 stars but the food at this alley has always been really good.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a game with a group of friends. It has a party atmosphere with great dance music and bar. The lanes were dark. It would have been nice to have some disco lights/ white light, etc. It was a good time. We did not eat any food, so I can't comment on it.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This place was rockin. The bowling area was busy, the music was jam min' and the bar was hoppin. Their food is amazing, southern style and homemade. They smoke their BBQ in house out back. The young man that was working the pro shop, was a pro. Already planning a trip to go back.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I bashed the bowling ally last time and got contacted by the manager. They have since altered the menu again and my work crew went today and it was EXCELLENT! Grandma's salad is back to the perfect salad it once was! Thanks for fixing it.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This place has (had) some very attentive owners. It is a refurbished bar/restaurant/bowling ally/sports bar. The menu has recently been changed FOR THE WORSE. I don't know what happened, but some of the best food for a place like this has now been altered and has dropped in its appeal. For example.... the Grandma's salad used to be my FAVORITE salad in Charlotte. Now since the menu change and 'tweaking' of some of the dishes (grandma salad for example), Now I'll have to be talked into going. Really.... just had the new version of the salad and it sucks by comparison!!!. Really, I'm sorry to report like this, but I've got to be honest.
If they change the menu items back I'll reconsider, but for now I'll hit one of the many other choices on Montford.

Change for the better is good.... change for change sake is unwise.

Been to Park Lanes? Share your experiences!