“I will NEVER EVER eat there again or recommend them to anyone.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tryon House Restaurant
Ranked #1,691 of 2,425 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Everything was fine at first. When I got to the register, there was a discrepancy about my bill. The manager, a much older man, shoved the unreadable ticket and menu into the kind waitress hand yelled at her and demand she fixes it. She explains the bill and I thank her. Back at the register he refused and ignored the price she gave me and goes on to say he is 65 years old and he is too busy and told me I had an attitude and on and on. I said I don't have a problem with the food or anything I just want to pay what I owe. In the end I payed the extra 2 dollars for an extra coffee I didn't have after he embarrassed me in front of everyone and told me never to come back. I felt if a man had been with me he wouldn't have been so rude. I was very hurt. And i let them keep the 10 dollar tip I left on the table because the waitress, Angela was the only thing nice at the resturant.

There are newer reviews for Tryon House Restaurant

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Have gone here several times for breakfast. They serve a marvelous pecan pancake and my grandson loves the chocolate chip pancake. Never having a bad breakfast me and the mister thought we would give them a try for dinner. BAD mistake!!! My burger taste like it was steamed in water, his pulled pork was flavorless and the onion rings though tender with a crunchy coating had no taste at all.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you're searching for a comfortable, no-frills place to have a filling breakfast or brunch, you'll love this restaurant. The menu is basic and includes the typical breakfast fare. I had blueberry pancakes, and while they were nothing special, they hit the spot. My date had a pretty good ham and cheese omelet that came with woefully limp hash browns and some toast. Our waitress was quite personable, the restaurant was clean, and the prices were reasonable, and that's really all I can say about this diner.

1  Thank grace m
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant was very clean, the food was very good and our waitress was very efficient and attentive without being overbearing. We had eggs, grits, biscuits and gravy and liver mush. Very good diner food.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Newer building and very clean. Lunch is okay, Nothing to write home about. Friendly service and price was good. Seems to be packed everyday.

Been to Tryon House Restaurant? Share your experiences!