“Wrong Order Twice”

Waffle House
Ranked #753 of 2,570 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My best friend and I were in Charlotte for a convention and stayed in the Sleep Inn that was 100 yards away from this Waffle House. We went to WH both days to get breakfast before heading to the convention and BOTH TIMES, Waffle House messed up my order. I'm a picky eater and ordered my hash browns with cheese and chili. The first day, they came back with more ham than cheese or chili. I didn't have time get a new order so I just ate what I could without having ham. The next day (with only 2 other tables occupied in the restaurant), they didn't even bring me my hash browns. 10 minutes after my waffle and bacon came out, the waitress finally returned to the table to check on drink refills and I told her that I didn't get my hash browns and to just take them off the bill. I can see screwing up the first day when it was busy but the second day when it was basically empty...that just tells me that the restaurant staff is incompetent all the time.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have been here several times over the last week. This location is right next to the hotel where I was staying. During this most recent stay there was a snow storm and myself and many others were snowed in. I was able to walk from my room to the restaurant. Even in the midst of the horrendous weather the restaurant was still open and packed. The staff there remained courteous and professional even with the huge amount of customers. The wait was longer than usual and there was a shortage of seats, but that was to be expected. The food was still great and I know that myself as well as many others were thankful for them being open!

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Great staff, food, and atmosphere. It actually looked like employees were having fun and enjoyed their jobs. ( rare if you go to WH late night). Highly recommended for a quick late night eat. Much better than the Denny s across the street.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have never been to a restaurant and there is no manager on duty but evidently here!!!! The assistant cook came and sat behind us and commenced to yelling at another server across the restaurant. Then she walked over to the grill and started cussing really loud with my daughter sitting right there!!! The lead cook decided to give me a 10% discount but then I had to wait for 12 minutes at the cash register so they could cash me out, mind you there was only two other tables there with customers and they all had ordered breakfast food with hash browns. I will never go there again and I advise anyone to at least stay away from the 3rd shift!!!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Quick service and good food. We trust this franchise to provide consistently quality wherever we stop.

Been to Waffle House? Share your experiences!