“Not memorable”

Ranked #11 of 2,439 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cabo Fish Taco is serves lunch and dinner, seven days a week. Serving fresh Baja Mexican Cuisine, featuring fresh seafood, chicken and steak. Cabo has a full bar, featuring over 13 original margaritas and a huge tequila list. In door and outdoor seating available. Also, offering a full to go menu.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had a bad feeling when the salsa that came out was basically a can of corn with some tomatoes thrown in. The meals actually turned out to be edible, but nothing more. The menu options sounded unique, but it wasn't well executed. The shrimp salad came with 4 shrimp, and was much more basic than described. Tacos were just ok. Blackened fish wasn't bad, but wasn't as flavorful as you would hope for. The location is great and is in a trendy part of town, but all in all, this place just didn't do anything for us.

1  Thank McKenzie T

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had no expectations or recommendations, so we were ready to be wowed. There are only a few notable fish restaurants in Charlotte---McCormick and Schmick's being one of my favorites. A short drive north from Uptown will land you at Cabo Fish Taco. It's worth the drive. My meal was steak tacos with beans and rice, washed down with draft beer. My goodness, the addition of tasty cheeses to the tacoes made them over the top good. Our waiter knew the food and the brews, making our meal a delicious change of place. You'll like menu choices, and the brews. We will eat indoors next time avoiding the impolite passersby, the noisy traffic and diminished ambiance. Can't wait to go back to Cabo Fish Taco.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I wanted to try Cabo Fish for over a year and finally ate there recently. For all the great things I've heard about the food, I'm still shaking my head. On a 1-10 scale, the fish tacos were 6. Not bad, but not great. Service was reasonable, but a bit rushed. The sides were ok but lacked that 'wow' factor.
The bigger issue for me - PLEASE TURN DOWN THE MUSIC!!! I can appreciate creating a lively atmosphere, but the music was so loud, we had to literally scream across the table to have any conversation. I left with my ears ringing.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Every time I visit my friend in Charlotte I go to Cabo Fish Taco. She lives in NODA and it's just a short walk. I had my first fish taco here about 3 years ago. Ever since I compare every fish taco to Cabo. The place is always busy. The last time I went the hostess had an ipad and took your phone number and when your table was ready she sent a text! The atmosphere is fun and the food is Great!!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Cabo Fish Taco is tucked away in the artsy district of NoDa (on NOrth DAvidson Rd.) The restaurant does not book reservations, and on a weekend, expect to wait at least an hour for a table, but that's how you know it's good! I personally recommend going for lunch, where the wait is minimal,if present at all. I've been many times, generally trying something new (though the BBQ Mahi tacos are my favorite) and I've never had anything bad. The restaurant is experimenting with new ideas, which makes for tasty specials. The staff is friendly and attentive. My favorite place to go!!