“HIT OR MISS and LOUD”

Ranked #11 of 2,468 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cabo Fish Taco is serves lunch and dinner, seven days a week. Serving fresh Baja Mexican Cuisine, featuring fresh seafood, chicken and steak. Cabo has a full bar, featuring over 13 original margaritas and a huge tequila list. In door and outdoor seating available. Also, offering a full to go menu.
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I'm young and this place is SO loud it was embarrassing taking visitors from out of town there. The salsa has slowly become all corn. guac (with relish on top?) is no good. oyster 'sauce' is just mayonnaise. some kind of seafood dip appetizer. Yuk. However, I go back occasionally because a FEW of their entrees are really good like the honey wasabi tuna wrap and a few of the tacos. shame.
Can be pricey for mediocrity too.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

We had the BBQ MAHI TACOS & TAVARUA (TAV–A-ROO) TUNA TACOS. They were great I paired mine with Fat Tire Beer and the wife had water. We had never heard of the place before and we saw it on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and since it was nearby we had to stop by. Take the time to venture out and enjoy the community and food. Highly Recommend!!!!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

So yum!! Good casual vibe; reggae music playing and an outdoor patio for people watching. The Cabo Roll Appetizer was filling...should be shared for 3 or more. I actually REALLY liked the corn salsa w/cilantro & diced tomatoes...it was refreshingly different & more sophisticated than a typical red salsa from a jar. Beer Battered fish tacos were just ok...put your money on the tuna or the bbq mahi tacos.

LOVED Loved Loved the Tavarua Tuna Tacos...I came in thinking that the seared tuna thing has been cliched to death, but their tuna tacos had a really nice flavor, enhanced by their wasabi tuna & kiwi-pineapple fajita sauce. I think I'm in love.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Went for the first time yesterday. I got the lemon grilled shrimp tacos and my friend got the salmon tacos. They were delicious.....very unique tacos.
My friend got the black beans and rice but we did not care for the "smoke" taste
The place is right in the middle of Noda

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I've never been to Cabo, and I don't like fish tacos. I also don't like paying to park in dodgy gravel lots. However, I do like parking for free about a block down from NoDa's Cabo Fish Taco. There I might see a man in the yard adjacent to my meterless spot, expertly swinging chains with fiery balls attached to the ends. That he was performing for the group of firemen encircling him made it seem somehow normal.

You just never know what you are going to get in NoDa. You do, however, know what you are going to get at Cabo Fish Taco.

Usually, you'll get a waiting list. They've expanded into the space next door, where the hardwood planks are far less buoyant than those on the original side, and added covered outdoor seating. Their popularity has grown as well, so the extra room is proportionate to the demand. They don't take reservations, and at lunch and even on weeknights there's sometimes a short wait, so it's best to plan accordingly.

You'll always get complimentary salsa. Not the liquefied tomato version of most Tex-Mex eateries, but Cabo Fish Taco's primarily corn, tomato and black bean brand that always has a few rebellious members who refuse to stay in the bowl or on a chip.

Fresh food is de rigueur at Cabo Fish Taco, along with special twists of white cilantro sauce and Napolito Salad. That's cactus, to the gringos. For those of us who don't care for fish, the menu also includes salads, burritos, tacos, quesadillas and my favorite, the Serrano Chicken Salad with a side of Mexi-Slaw, all sans fins.

Perhaps as a nod to the weird, or to the sense of community in NoDa, there are two toilets in the ladies room, but no stalls. I'd bet cash money that women with no previous interactions except simultaneously full bladders have used those potties in tandem based on their consumption of Purple Haze Margaritas.

Casual, and generally quick service is expected at Cabo Fish Taco, where the vibe is decidedly NoDa and what I expect of Cabo San Lucas: Anything goes, as long as it is good.

Been to Cabo Fish Taco Baja Seagrill? Share your experiences!