“Very good TexMex style food”
Review of Chuy's - CLOSED

Chuy's
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Chuy's is the best local restaurant for a TexMex American style food. Always consistent, good quality, great portions.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Being from Colorado and the land of Southwestern foods, it's a real treat to have a Chuy's in Charlotte where you can get fresh-made tortillas; thin tortilla chips; yummy salsas; and a variety of sauces, including the super yummy green chile, Hatch green chile & the tomatillo! Food is plentiful for the price, which we find quite reasonable; and the service is outstanding! Highly recommend Chuy's!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We checked out Chuy's for my Mother-in-law's birthday. They make the salsa, guacamole, chips and tortillas all in house. I ordered the "Big as yo Face" beef fajita burrito. The burrito lives up to it's name, and they serve it with your choice of sauce. I got the creamy jalapeño which was excellent. The tres leches cake was massive, and one of the best I've ever had.
My only complaints were, they didn't really do anything special for my mother-in-law's birthday, other than give her some sopapillas, which were good...but no candles or singing. The service wasn't slow, but it wasn't too attentive either. I hit the bottom of my water glass without a refill.
Overall, I'd definitely go again, the food was fantastic.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Now this restaurant knows a little something about seasoning it's food. The dish I had, potato with pulled pork, very tasty, I had to force myself to stop eating. Well worth the $9 price with side salad and drink. The sweet peach tea was on point, not too sweet but very peachy, loved it. I would definitly pay them another visit when in town.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Chuy's food is just bad, go somewhere else. I got the number one combo so I could sample several items. Portion was large, I think the food is just bland uninspired mush. Service was almost nonexistent, considering we were the only people in the restaurant. Bad experience.