“Best Breakfast”

Ranked #876 of 2,466 Restaurants in Charlotte
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Hopefully you can score a Groupon for Le Peep, there crepes are wonderful, they get packed in on a Saturday and Sunday, but it is well worth the wait. Have the pecan waffles... they are to die for!

Reviewed September 28, 2011

We visit Le Peep in the Arboretum Shopping Center every time we visit Charlotte. We have a house right nearby. We usually head there for breakfast. The food is fresh and very tasty. Service has always been very good. It has the feeling of being privately run. There's a sense of caring from the staff. It is definitely NOT a fast food experience. The only criticism is that they close at 2:30 p.m. Yet even when we've run in at 2:25, we were served well (without attitude) and not rushed.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

Had a groupon and was reading some of the other reviews. To be honest they had me a little scared...long waits, lousy food, etc. After eating there I was a little confused. I waited (yes, i timed it) one minute and 48 seconds to be seated and the time from when the waitress left with our order to when the food arrived was 4 minutes and 38 seconds. Don't know about y'all, but I think thats pretty darn impressive! Now granted it was a monday morning and not the weekend, but there was still about 30%-40% capacity. Now I wouldn't call the food gourmet but it was a considerable step up from mom and pop breakfast place at the beach or the Ihop. With a large selection to choose from, the waitress had to come back twice cause I couldn't decide between a number of items. Finally narrowed it down to the spinach and bacon omelete or the crusted french toast with strawberry sauce. I gotta say the omelete was wonderful. Also got a side of grits that was done well. The dish came with an english muffin as a side as well. I was alittle dissapointed that there wasn't any butter at the table only to find that they buttered it for me....can't complain there! Lastly, I judge my tip by how quickly my drink gets refilled after I ask. Considering I didn't have to ask, the tip was decent (for me at least).

One last thing for those that complained about the wait. What do you think that means? It means it's busy. If it's busy EVERY WEEKEND it has repeat customers. If it has repeat customers after so many years, well that means its good. For a restaurant to last this long in such an economy where places are dropping like flys......well they must be doing something right. Chew on that for awhile.

Reviewed December 13, 2010

My husband and I went here using a Groupon. It was our first and last visit. My husband ordered an omelet with avocado. There was no avocado served with it, but no one told him that they had run out so that he could order something else. My crepes were luke warm as were the potatoes. The bacon was poor quality. The table cloths were ripped at many tables, and the floor dirty. The bathroom stall lock in the men's room was broken. I did not send my crepes back, because it had taken a long time to arrive at our table, and I wasn't going to have my husband wait for me to receive my order and sit there while I ate it with nothing in front of him. It was all extremely disappointing, and I would never eat there again, and I certainly would not recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed July 10, 2010

I had the healthy two egg vegetable omelette. It was lovely.

Been to Le Peep Restaurant? Share your experiences!