“Best Mediterranean Nook in Charlotte”
Review of La Shish Kabob

La Shish Kabob
Ranked #363 of 2,367 Restaurants in Charlotte
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best Mediterranean Nook in Charlotte”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I am a picky Mediterranean/ Arab food diner, but I gotta say that some of their selections are just off the hook! i.e. their chicken and beef kabob skewers over the yellow rice, lentil soup, cucumber and tomato salad. And the price you pay for the portion you get is a steal!

Having that said, I like the yellow rice more than their orange (or what they call the "special" rice). Since to me it's tastier, I think the yellow rice should actually be the special rice, but oh well, whatever floats their boat. Overall, their entrees are just soooo filling and amazingly tasting for me, and it just makes my day.

The dessert looks okay but I can't say much about it because I've never tried it. Their entrée portions are large and they are usually enough for me.

***A tip for everyone: I have noticed that if you take out and taking a long drive home, the food won't taste as hot and fresh as it originally was piping hot before. I suggest re-heating your food, but the taste is still great and authentic. But this is not the owner's or the restaurant's fault, it's just common sense for some foods when you take out and drive a long way home like I did twice before.

The ambiance/ aesthetics of this place are not great and the restaurant is small, but it's a very small fast food place which is mostly great for take out. But although its more take out style, the food is definitely restaurant quality. I really just go there for a delicious and filling meal.

Staff is friendly but since the place is small and always packed (every time I went anyway), they can't always attend to you every moment because of the rush and trying to get to everyone's order as quick as possible.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Aisha K

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“great place to eat!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

went there on our visit to Charlotte and it is one of the best middle eastern places i have eaten! everything we tried was fresh, very well seasoned, well cooked and very tasty.portions are generous and food delicious. best part its not expensive compared to places here in South Florida. the seating area is not very large. if you are in Charlotte you have to try this out.

• Visited July 2013