“...always good...comfort food and friendly service.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Light Rail Family Restaurant
Ranked #521 of 2,447 Restaurants in Charlotte
Reviewed February 14, 2014

When I moved to the Madison Park neighborhood about 7-8 years ago, friends in the area introduced me to the Light Rail and it was an instant hit with me. Run by a warm and friendly Greek family with nice staff and ALWAYS friendly service. The owners, Gus and Dennis, always make a point to stop and say hi, maybe even sit a minute to catch up on what is happening and have a little conversation.
The menu is a mix so there is a lot to choose from seafood to basic southern comfort. Breakfast is always available; my favorite is between the Country breakfast with biscuit and gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc. or, the Eggs Benedict (Poached eggs can be a bit tricky but the kitchen gets it perfect for me every time).
The Light Rail is like Cheers from the TV show years ago...everybody knows your name and they make a point to speak, give a hug and say hi. This is one of the rare places where I will go alone to eat and feel right at home.
If you want very casual, meat and two vegetables, friendly, comfortable atmosphere...this is THE place; experience it for yourself. :-)

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I'm a native Charlottean; I don't know how I've missed this place for so long, but WOW- am I glad I found it! Tucked along South Blvd. (near Hebron Street) is a small restaurant that you might ride past without a second thought... but inside is a group of people that really understand how to run a restaurant. It's not beautiful, it's not high tech or high end, but it's kind people, good food, excellent sweet tea, and quick service all for a very reasonable price!

It's a meat and two veggie kind of place. I've tried many of the items and so far, I haven't gotten anything that wasn't tasty :-) It's a great spot for lunch during the day, they serve breakfast all day everyday and they have a large meeting room that's regularly full of people enjoying themselves. All in all- The Light Rail Family restaurant is a keeper for me, my family and my co-workers :-)

1  Thank shellyncharlotte
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were in Charlotte for one week and had lunch and breakfast at the Light Rail Family Restaurant. Each time the service and food were exceptional. When in Charlotte we will be back.