“New Favorite”

Luciano's Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Luciano's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 2,389 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E Tremont Avenue
Transit: East/West Blvd light rail station located within walking distance of the restaurant.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“New Favorite”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Luciano's on a busy Saturday night. Reservations are recommended! We were seated prompty upon arrival. Very nice ambiance - elegant while not being stuffy. Saw a wide variety of patrons from couples to families with children. As others have noted, staff was very attentive and professional. Our waiter was very friendly, knowledgable about the food and wine menu and prompt in checking in on us. Extensive selection of wines with some of the better prices we have seen for good wines. Loved the menu - could not decide what to order. I had to try the beef carpaccio to start. My husband had a salad of mozzarella stuffed with ricotta, roasted tomatoes and arugula. Both were delicious. The carpaccio serving was huge and it is by far the best in Charlotte. For dinner, i tried the gnocchi and my husband ordered a pasta special - veal stuffed cannelloni. We loved the dishes - the gnocchi was the perfect consistency with a rich cheese sauce. Wish i hadn't been so full from the carpaccio to enjoy more of it! All food was served promptly and prepared very well - impressive on such a busy night. Total bill for nice bottle of wine, two apps, two entrees and two espressos was $150 with tax - very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food! We will definitely be back to try more things!

• Visited May 2014

new hampshire
“Great food, outstanding service”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I had dinner here as a solo diner while on a business trip. The food was excellent, I had the salmon which was cooked to order. But the service was extraordinarily attentive and professional, while friendly. Prices were reasonable and there is an extensive wine list. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
Asheville, N.C.
“Worth trying.”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife, son and I recently went to Charlotte to visit with our oldest son who was passing through. We needed a quiet place to meet and talk, as well as to eat. The whole family likes Italian, and we located Luciano's on TripAdvisor and another culinary web service. The ratings and reviews were promising, so after a quick review of the menu on line I reserved a table for an early time. We arrived at 5:00 p.m. for a 5:30 reservation, and though the restaurant was still setting for dinner the staff immediately accommodated us. The restaurant was at first almost empty, so our need for a quiet place to visit was met. The restaurant was impeccably clean. The service was attentive and excellent, until the very end. The menu selection is broad. The "crazy" lasagna was a delight and the Caesar salads were very good. My wife had the chicken piccata, which was exceptional. The only down note of the evening was that it took me five minutes to get a refill on my coffee at the conclusion of the meal. All in all, a really good meal in a very nice environment at a really good price. We will be going back and I highly recommend this restaurant to others.

• Visited March 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Many Return Visits!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been to Luciano's 6 or 7 times now and every time my experience has been wonderful. The price range in the description of the restaurant on TripAdvisor is inaccurate and they have many dishes for around and under $20. I have had a sampling of almost everything every category on the menu, including Eggplant Parmesan, Bucatini, Black Spaghetti, Pizza, Zuppa Di Mare and the Pistachio Crusted Seabass. I also had a steak special that they had one evening (can't remember what it was called). Every one of the those items was fantastic. And they have a great wine selection kept at the perfect temperature. The staff has also been great every visit. I've even seen the manager walk the floors and check on tables which I feel like is a rare thing these days (and a nice touch). I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited February 2014
Indian Trail, NC
“First Time.”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I took my wife here for a nice Valentines dinner. We had reservations for 6:30pm and got seated right when we talked in. The staff where very friendly and very informative with the menu and specials. The meals we had where very good the portion size was perfect, i thought that the cost for beer was a little pricey but it was worth it. I defiantly go back to Luciano's.

• Visited February 2014