“We love Viva Chicken”

Viva Chicken
Ranked #52 of 2,438 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Viva Chicken is a Peruvian Rotisserie Joint specializing in Polla a la Brasa. Our menu is fresh, flavorful, and packed with inspired recipes that will transport your tastebuds to the streets of Peru. Viva Chicken is not only hip and healthy, it's quick and convenient and a great spot for dine-in or takeout.
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We always pick up the whole chicken and 3 sides when visiting my sister who lives in Charlotte. Yum! And so reasonably priced as well!! My kids love the cilantro rice and green beans and plantains. Great service too!!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

good food here. rice and beans are fantastic.
i would recommend. been here for lunch a few times, and would return. good prices with a nice back patio.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

First bite of stuffed avocado appetizer was amazing. Steak wrap was amazing the service was amazing. Peruvian flavors are amazing sauces are amazing. A must try if near Elizabeth.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

With a morning and afternoon appointment in Charlotte Presby. Hospital, we decided to check reviews and find a lunch restaurant in the vicinity. Viva Chicken had great reviews and was located right across the street. This is a really great place which looks like a typical fast food restaurant; however, that's where the similarity ends. The menu is unique unless you are very familiar with Peruvian food, which we were not. I chose the white 1/4 of Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken. I have never eaten chicken that was so delicious. It had been marinated in the "family recipe of exotic herbs and spices." It comes with a few signature sauces and two sides. I chose the house salad and fruit. Both item were large and delicious. Next time I will try one of the more unusual sides, such as fried yucca or sweet plantains. My husband had the chicken Caesar Salad which was huge with chunks of real bacon and 2 hardboiled eggs. On top was a large serving of the same delicious chicken. We were unable to resist two deserts: the mil Hojas and Alfajores. Yum. Everything tasted fresh and homemade. The staff is very lovely. They even pick up your empty plates and bring drink refills or anything else one might need. We plan to return whenever we are in the area.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Nice little place I found one day leaving a concert. I ordered the 1/4 chicken, side and drink for $6.95... Not bad! I also ordered the plantains and they were very good and sweet. The chicken was very tender and juicy. The sweet potato fries were fresh and crispy. Don't think you could go too wrong with this place.