“Yummy Mexican food!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Neighborhood: Ballantyne East
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Service is always SO fast here! I go to all locations and all are wonderful. They always make the dishes to order and are friendly in service. This is our favorite Mexican restaurant!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Wonderful food, great family atmosphere. Would definitely eat there again. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal.

Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

My friends and I went for lunch, I decided to order Tortilla Soup. I have been there before and I didn't like their food, so I figured I couldn't go wrong ordering soup.Well, was I wrong, it was horrible. It was a red/brown flavorless broth with shredded chicken, not the grilled chicken as the menu stated. No more Zapatas for me.

Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking for authentic Mexican - this isn't the place to go. My husband & I moved here from TX and we have yet to find authentic Mexican or even Tex-Mex. at Zapata's, I asked for queso and the waiter had no idea what it was. When I said cheese dip, he understood. But it was runny & watery. Margaritas tasted like our juice. Not great service either. We won't go back.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Situated within spitting distance from the Hilton University in Charlotte this little Mexican gem offers tasty food at a good price. The atmosphere is suitable for families or business and the portions are big. Consider Zapatas as a nice alternative to the lame dining options around that hotel.