“Non-authentic”

Neighborhood: Ballantyne East
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Non-authentic”
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking for authentic Mexican - this isn't the place to go. My husband & I moved here from TX and we have yet to find authentic Mexican or even Tex-Mex. at Zapata's, I asked for queso and the waiter had no idea what it was. When I said cheese dip, he understood. But it was runny & watery. Margaritas tasted like our juice. Not great service either. We won't go back.

USA
“Excellent food”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Situated within spitting distance from the Hilton University in Charlotte this little Mexican gem offers tasty food at a good price. The atmosphere is suitable for families or business and the portions are big. Consider Zapatas as a nice alternative to the lame dining options around that hotel.

Visited May 2012
NC
“Great Mexican for family”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Love this restaurant. Start with menu. Plent of Mexican variety to choose from, but I have at least 4 staples to rotate. Next the atmosphere is great family environment that we enjoy. Price is very reasonable too Lastly the service is always great. The staff respects their patrons and management is good as well. We do have our favorite waitress that has been serving us for over 8 years now. Just anted to give this place a well deserve 5 star review.
Frank

• Visited April 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Meal was awful”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I had fish tacos and the fish itself was old and my husband had bland tasting Carnitas. The restaurant itself is nice inside but the food is not worth the visit.

• Visited April 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Never going back...”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Terrible service every time, from the host to the server. Mediocre attempt at Mexican food. I wouldn't return if you paid me to eat there and you bought my dinner.

Been to Zapatas Cantina Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!