“It's Chilis. Good food and service”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #1,531 of 2,439 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I honestly rarely go to Chilis because the food is usually just ok, and the service is on par with the food. This particular location, had very good service, and the food, while nothing to get too excited about, was good, prepared well, and accurate. Not a bad stop for a bite.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Went on Veteran's Day with a Veteran. Once we were seated it took at least 10 minutes for someone to even come to our table for our drink order. Ordered Chips and queso, Lunch Chicken Fajitas with soup, and 2 meals off the 2 for $20 menu. Took another 15 minutes to get our chips and queso, soup came with that. Chips appeared to have been the last of the bag because of the amount of broken little pieces. Then took at least another 20 minutes to get our meals. Fajitas came out without the Beans and rice that were ordered. Steak came with NO bread both items had to be asked for when the server came back. When the beans and rice came (which the rice was drowning in butter, good to know if your dairy free I figure, because I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew that!) they were barely luke warm. My husband enjoyed his burger and our friend appeared to enjoy her steak, my fajitas were good. The bill came and the guacamole (which was a small little spoon full) that said $.99 on the menu was $1.29 on our bill. The person that was in charge of deciding to tip, gave a pity tip of $3.00. I have been to plenty of Chili's all over including several in the Charlotte area and not one of them was like this. Usually we are in and out in about 40 minutes, but that took us at least and hour and a half. And the Manager was no where to be seen. The kicker is we had 2 servers, and that is how it was presented to us that we would have 2 servers. The first server had "trainer" on her shirt the second person brought us our food and they changed back and forth. And no, they were not busy. We got there around 1pm and left at 2:30. Everyone else seemed to get their food just as slow as we did.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We chose to eat lunch here because I like their lunch specials--especially the soup & salad (with the Caesar salad and the Chicken Tortilla soup--yum yum). The service here, however, was unbelievably slow. It was at least 10 minutes before our server took our drink order. We waited another 10 minutes for our food order to be taken. On top of that, we waited at least 10 more minutes for soup & salad!!!! I am glad I wasn't on a lunch hour! There are way too many restaurant options in this area to settle for service like this Chili's offers.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is based on my take out experience.

The location has improved its decor and outdoor facade with new colors. The menu has also added a few new goodies and kept a few oldies as well. For this visit I had the Chicken Tenders.

The service on the phone was friendly, and was ready when I arrived just 10 min later. The food was hot, fresh, and very appealing. The smell on the way home was very enticing, but made the meal even better once I was able to really enjoy it in the comfort of my own home.

I have added a few pictures for your enjoyment.

1  Thank Robert R
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I think if you have been to one Chilis then you sort of already know what to expect. The only difference relates to the quality of the wait staff and the cleanliness of that specific location. This specific location has a good staff and is very clean. Also, almost all of the booths and tables have a line of sight view to a television in case you are wanting to watch any games on ESPN. I'd recommend with no issues.

Been to Chili's Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!