“Generous and well prepared”

Edgewater Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Edgewater Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #205 of 2,372 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: University City North
Description: We offer approachable elegant dining amidst a beautiful waterfront setting. Choose from an array of contemporary interpretations of American dishes with a Southern twist. With something to please every taste for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Edgewater Bar & Grille is the perfect place to begin your day or settle down for the evening. Join us for your most memorable dining occasions, whether a business meal, a lovely breakfast by the lake, a romantic dinner for two, or a special time with family and friends. *Located in the Hilton Charlotte University Place.
Toronto, Canada
“Generous and well prepared”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

The concierge at the Hilton University Place recommended their in house restaurant and it did not disappoint. I had a lovely salmon with gnocchi and my companion enjoyed a beef tenderloin with scalloped potatoes. Despite the generous portions, the desert looked too good to pass up. The apple tart and chocolate ganache were beautifully prepared and delicious.

Glendale, Arizona
“Eat at the Hilton”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Limited menu, but all prepared well. Great staff, nice view of the lake. Try the Steak Frittes for the Gruyere Black Truffle Fries!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sensei52
Atlanta, Georgia
“2 Home Runs”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We all know that food on the road can be hit or miss, Lakefront does food right, the food was perhaps the freshest best tasting grub I have had on the road in a long time. I especally liked the chicken sandwich, ate every bite of it. Breakfast was the best, fresh fruit, muffins, eggs made to order and no poorly constituted juices. Service was quick and professional. If you are road weary and do not feel like leaving your room after a long day of meetings, order room service and enjoy, all the food is good!

Visited November 2012
New England
“Delicious Food, Beautiful Presentation!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Had a quick lunch at Lakefront Restaurant & loved it. The view is lovely & dining area clean. We ordered sandwiches & a salad, which came looking like they could be on the cover of a magazine. Yum! When we had to leave unexpectedly, the waiter quickly retrieved a carry-out box for us. (I was not going to leave that salad, haha!)

Visited October 2012
Prince George's County, Maryland
“Beyond the view, it's pretty average”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I wouldn't say this is the best steak house. It's okay.

Dinner
Arrived just before a huge rehearsal dinner party. Only a couple of tables occupied. No wait but only two servers. The recommendation for the filet was not good but the sauté mushrooms helped...a lot. The au jus was bland. The filet was over cooked but we were too hungry to send it back. We were offered a discount. The appetizers we ordered consisted of the spinach and goat cheese salad (delish) and the Carolina Hushpuppies (delish too). In theory it seems like a lot and it is with a strong and spicy creole sauce but it is good and worth a try. You get three but I could only eat one and a half because the taste is powerful. A side of sweet potatoe fries would be perfect to balance the taste with something mildly sweet.

Our waiter got busy with the rehearsal party and I never got or was offered a refill on my water. Overall, I wouldn't get the filet if I came here for dinner again.

Breakfast
I was very pleased with the breakfast buffet. It was a $10 cost per person. I obtained 2 passes with my hotel upgrade. It was something I would have paid for. Made to order omlettes, waffles, grits with gravy, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, eggs and assorted yogurt, cereal and delicious fresh fruit.

Seating on a weekend was horrible. We opted to sit in the lounge area at the bar. A bit uncomfortable but less crowded and less hot and better scenery/decor.

The hotel restuarant focuses more on the food than decor. In comparison to the beautiful hotel, the restaurant is super bland in style.