“Great Steaks - sterile atmosphere”
Review of Omaha Steak House - CLOSED

Omaha Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Eagle Lake
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed at the La Quinta next door and went here for dinner. My wife had the sirloin and I had the rib-eye. Both were perfectly cooked medium-rare and were very tasty and tender. Cynthia provided excellent service.

The decor is very bland which I suppose is because it is in the Embassy Suites.

There are newer reviews for Omaha Steak House

Reviewed May 18, 2014

My journey north in the spring always includes Charlotte, NC, because of this restaurant and the La Quinta next door. Frequently a lone diner is stuck somewhere off in the middle of nowhere, but not the case here. Ohama Steak House has excellent food, excellent service, always seats me as though I dine there every day, has a wonderful variety of "by the glass" wine and offers a petite filet that is just the right size for a small person like me. I always order "medium" and it is always cooked exactly and perfectly "medium". This trip I opted for the potato patties as my side dish, delicious! Mashed potatoes with chives, garlic and herbs, formed into two good sized pattied and fried on the grill. They were a perfect complement to the petite filet that I always order at this restaurant. I am always baffled by folks who pan this place for reasons like "no sports channels on tv" or "the menu has a lot of beef", or some other bizarre complaint. This is one of the best steak houses in business, they serve steak and beef and if you want to watch the sports channel, maybe you could get room service? Just saying.......I will dine here every year, absolutely.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Food was Good, Service was Okay, Did not stay long as they didn't have the sports channel we desired.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Omaha Steak House is co-located with the Embassy Suites Hotel, so getting there was no problem at all! Our party was seated right away and we were well cared for by the wait staff. The food was outstanding and everyone's food was prepared perfectly and tasted great! Will be back next trip to Charlotte...

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed at The Embassy Suites (the hotel is fine, no issues with that), but clearly I hadn't learned my lesson regarding Omaha Steak House. I have eaten at a different one in South Carolina, and found it to be a complete waste of money. There is no difference between that one and this one. We walked in, and the furniture looks more like it belongs in a diner than a steak house. After waiting 20 minutes for our drinks (the place was relatively empty), we ordered an appetizer-the blue cheese chips...they came to us, after 30 minutes of waiting,cold and just gross. An hour later my son's chicken marinara showed up...chicken was dry and cold. My pork chop showed up...dry and cold...what is the deal with this place? I sent it back and was about to go to the room when the manager showed up. Instead of apologizing and drumming up an excuse, he just kind of shrugged off all of the issues we had, and said he'd take the pork chop off the bill. That's it. He could have asked to remake it or something, right? I think he knows that restaurant is a lost cause, and therefore he wasn't going to put forth an ounce of effort to save it. Take my advice folks-eat somewhere else! There is a Chili's nearby, and a few other spots. Don't think for a second that you are eating at some fine-dining steak house! I have had better meals at Waffle House!