“Very nice Buffet”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Second Ward
Cross street: College & East Third
Transit: LYNX lightrail: Convention Center/3rd Street Station CATS bus station: East Trade and South Brevard streets
Description: Enjoy an Uptown gathering place, serving up a host of Southern flavors with a Latin flare. The menu features a variety of regionally-inspired comfort foods and seasonal dishes with high-quality, fresh ingredients. Semi-private dining for up to 60 guests is available. Coastal Kitchen serves breakfast and lunch daily and provides a themed weekday lunch buffet.
“Very nice Buffet”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am a stickler about buffets, and I can honestly say that this buffet is very clean and is always stocked with fresh hot food.
I like the variety that is offered as well. The price is veru affordable for the quality that you get.

• Visited January 2013
Jackie B, Manager at Coastal Kitchen & Bar, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We appreciate your business and hope we can continue to meet your expectations!

“VARIETY”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The service and staff are personable, friendly and very accomodating. The buffet offers a large variety of fresh cooked items and the dessert bar offerings is a great way to end the meal.

• Visited January 2013
Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review! We sincerely appreciate your business!
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great place for lunch!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My co-workers and I work at one of the many banks in the area. The buffet is very convenient, cost friendly, and we can enjoy a great meal during our lunch hour without having to worry about the time alloted for lunch. Always a great experience. :O)

• Visited February 2013
Jackie B, Manager at Coastal Kitchen & Bar, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We appreciate your business and I'm glad you can enjoy a relaxing lunch with us!
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Nice and great for a Hotel Restaurant”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a dinner reservation close to our hotel, omni, but everything was booked for restaurant week, queens feast. We gave Coastal a go and we were very impressed. Atmosphere needs help but food and service more than makes up for it. We went for the three course meal, tuna was great, lamb was a knock out and sweet pot tart was good but oversized. Service was fast and unbeknownst to us local wine was served and was not bad at all. The chef said hi to us and we were also entertained by Janet, manager, I think. Overall great for a hotel restaurant.

, Manager at Coastal Kitchen & Bar, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Tony!
Thank you so much for the great review! We sincerely appreciate the 5-star rating on our service and food. Hopefully we'll see you again in the future!
Jackie Blair - Food & Beverage Manager
“They don't want your money and make you feel like a burden!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have to put a 1 for food only because I never got to order food. Went here and had to leave 35 minutes later due to the fact that we sat there for 15 minutes without menus or acknowledgement from a server. We had to ask to be served. It took about 10 minutes for him to take our drink orders and then another 15 minutes before he brought them back. Too bad we were on our way out at that time!

, Manager at Coastal Kitchen & Bar, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Cspang02 -
I am so terribly sorry that your visit with us was less than pleasurable. Saturday night was an extremely crazy and over-booked evening for us, especially with the large group of cheerleaders we had in the hotel that evening as well. It was definitely not the impression we want to give to our local guests.
I would love to have you girls back in again, 100% on me, to really try our food, because I promise you will LOVE IT!
If you are willing to give us a second chance, send me an email at jackie.blair@hiltoncentercity.com and I will set something up for you and your friends.
Even if you just want to come in for some drinks, appetizers, free parking and backflips (literally) performed by our Executive Chef and General Manager I would love to have you again!