“They don't want your money and make you feel like a burden!”

Coastal Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #450 of 2,457 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Second Ward
Cross street: College & East Third
Transit: LYNX lightrail: Convention Center/3rd Street Station CATS bus station: East Trade and South Brevard streets
Description: Enjoy an Uptown gathering place, serving up a host of Southern flavors with a Latin flare. The menu features a variety of regionally-inspired comfort foods and seasonal dishes with high-quality, fresh ingredients. Semi-private dining for up to 60 guests is available. Coastal Kitchen serves breakfast and lunch daily and provides a themed weekday lunch buffet.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have to put a 1 for food only because I never got to order food. Went here and had to leave 35 minutes later due to the fact that we sat there for 15 minutes without menus or acknowledgement from a server. We had to ask to be served. It took about 10 minutes for him to take our drink orders and then another 15 minutes before he brought them back. Too bad we were on our way out at that time!

Cspang02 -
I am so terribly sorry that your visit with us was less than pleasurable. Saturday night was an extremely crazy and over-booked evening for us, especially with the large group of cheerleaders we had in the hotel that evening as well. It was definitely not the impression we want to give to our local guests.
I would love to have you girls back in again, 100% on me, to really try our food, because I promise you will LOVE IT!
If you are willing to give us a second chance, send me an email at jackie.blair@hiltoncentercity.com and I will set something up for you and your friends.
Even if you just want to come in for some drinks, appetizers, free parking and backflips (literally) performed by our Executive Chef and General Manager I would love to have you again!

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

The menu features regionally inspired dishes and everything looks good. I went for a light lunch -- the Med Appetizer-- which was a lot of food and delightfully fresh. Service was great. Even the coffee was hot and fresh. A better experience than you expect at a hotel restaurant.

Dottiegc -
Thank you for your great review! Espcially with the 5-star rating on our service. We take pride in making sure all our guests feel cared for, and it looks like they did a great job!
The Med Plate is a personal favorite of mine, so I'm glad you tried it! (By the way, it's half price on Mondays in the bar...)

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Went here for drinks on a Friday night. Service was somewhat slow and drinks were a little more expensive than average. Good place to go if you are staying at the hilton, but otherwise it's not a place I would go.

Travis -
I appreciate you taking the time to review our bar.
I apologize that the service was slower than normal when you joined us.
I know you feel our prices are higher than normal, but we do offer great specials every day of the week. On Fridays we have $5 wells and $2 bud lights. On weekends we offer $3 local microbrews, etc.
I hope you'll give us another try in the future so we can WOW you this time!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

During our GSA meeting the restaurant ran an lunch buffet special. I'm not a fan of buffets but for 8.95$ i figured i try it to save time. Food was fresh, hot and well prepared. Salad greens were fresh - i usually only eat greens and cukes. Mains were all good and desserts were fine but not top notch. I highly recommend checking this out if you are at the CC and want a good lunch with out waiting. For a buffet i thought it was well above average.

Management response:Responded January 28, 2013

OldProp13 - Thank you so much for the great plug on our lunch buffet! We appreciate the great review and I am so glad you enjoyed yourself! Maybe we'll see you again next year!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We only visted the bar while staying at the Hilton and got Halloween drink specials for the holiday weekend. The drinks were made well and the ambiance was very nice.

Management response:Responded January 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! My bartenders love coming up with fun new drinks, especially for the holidays, so I'm glad you enjoyed them!! Hopefully we'll see you again in the future!!