“Good Service. Hit and Miss Meals.”
Review of On the Border

On the Border
Ranked #792 of 2,457 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We frequent On the Border because the location makes it so convenient. We always receive good service, but the food varies in quality. The Tortilla Soup is excellent. The grilled entrees are consistently good. But some of the other traditional Mexican dishes can be a little greasy and light on the meat. Knowing what to order is key to making this a worthwhile dinning experience.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is one of my favorites. Meals are consistent and tasty. I have been coming here since it opened, and I have seen the food taste and quality and service continue to exceed my expectations.

My best experiences have been eating at the bar - not a drinker, but the bar staff is very friendly and they seem to stay in their positions for long times. My favorites are Andy & John, who are great at predicting your needs!

Favorite items - Lunch combo tostadas, happy hour cantina nachos.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The quality of the food is not as good as it use to be. I refuse to eat here anymore. The Mexican soup is so inconsistent. Rice and beans always taste like it was microwaved. Try another place in the shopping center if you are hungry. Plenty of great Mexican in Charlotte area.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This restaurant is very festive when you walk in. Decorated perfectly. We ordered some drinks at the bar while waiting on our table, the bartender was very nice, offered us chips and salsa while we waited. We had a pretty big party and our server handled it very well. We all were happy with our food and the service. I will say I had the fajita salad with steak and the steak was amazing. The salsa tasted homemade, so yummy! I will definitely be going back there to eat again very soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

What a great meal we both had. We had no wait to get a table and the wait staff was on top of things. Great food and Drinks. We always stop when we see one on the road. This is a great place to eat. Sandy and Jim Claycomb Gallatin Tn.

Been to On the Border? Share your experiences!