“Safe bet for sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Madison Park
Neighborhood: Madison Park
Reviewed June 11, 2014

No exciting menu with weird and wonderful dishes, but consistency in quality makes this place a safe bet for some good sushi

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We eat at this restaurant everytime we go to Charlotte and are never disappointed. it's at the back end of a shopping center, very nondescript and unassuming. Sushi and maki rolls are always fresh. Good noodle bowls, fried rice, cold salads (seaweed, etc.) Service is pleasant and efficient. I definitely recommend it if you are in the area.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Food was above average for the price. Wait staff was very accommodating! We would go back. Great for college kids and families on a budget!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Reviewing Sushi 101 @ The Promenade near Ballantyne. Have been here several times for lunch and a few times for dinner. Good is the best description I can give the entire experience. Nothing is great. Some of the wait staff seem bored with their job but still give service enough to qualify as good. Food is consistently good, I always get the sushi, but not as good as other places in Charlotte.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

First and last time to Sushi 101. Server forgot my order so didn't get my teriyaki chicken for about 40 minutes, 25 minutes after everyone else who ordered sushi. When I got Teriyaki, the chicken was clearly highly processed and I bit into something hard. Ew. Was sad because I heard the restaurant was good for sushi, so I was very, very disappointed and will not be returning.

Been to Sushi 101? Share your experiences!