“Best Dining Experience Ever!”

Luce Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Luce Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 2,403 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: First Ward
Cross street: North Tryon & 5th
Transit: You can use the LYNX Light Rail Blue Line and get off on the CTC/Arena station and walk towards 5th street. Walk west on 5th, one block, to the Hearst Tower located on the corner of 5th and College. Luce in located on the Tryon level of the Hearst Tower in the courtyard.
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
“Best Dining Experience Ever!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This restaurant is one of the best hidden gems in Charlotte. The ambiance can't be beat. Not only is the service impeccable, but our waiter was awesome. He explained the menu, as it was partially in Italian and made suggestions for our meal. We started our meal with fresh (and I mean fresh out the oven fresh) bread with a bean topping. The calamari was delicious. My dinner date does not like calamari but It made her a believer! The Riesling was just divine. It was crisp and bright with just the right amount of sweetness. Then came the meal. I had the Rigatoni Buttera. The pasta was cooked perfectly al dente. The sauce was delicious. I ate every bite. My dinner date had the chicken wrapped in prosciutto which was great as well. There was really no room for dessert unfortunately. The dinner was overall a bit expensive but it was worth every single penny. Not in my life, have I ever had a more exquisitely composed meal. .

• Visited March 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“A favorite spot for lunch or dinner”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The food and the service just can't be beat. This is my first stop for any type of business outing or for a celebratory dinner. The restaurant is quiet, which is means you can have a rather large group with out having to yell across the table to hear everyone--a real perk for group business lunches or dinners! The wine selection is very nice as well. I highly recommend this restaurant and will be back time and time again!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank KHMNC
Charlotte
“Good Italian in Charlotte”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The service was wonderful. We sat outside in the courtyard. It is always nice to have this option. The salad was wonderful. I wasn't too impressed with the Seafood Risotto but I will return to try another one of the delicious sounding options.

• Visited April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best Italian in Charlotte”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had dinner here on a Saturday night and we had early reservations because we had concert tickets. We were seated immediately on our arrival and after a short hiccup in the service we settled in to decide what we wanted to have. We started with the calamari appetizer. We ordered a bottle of wine after some discussion with our server about Italian reds since most of our experience is with French and Domestics. We accepted his suggestion of a Nebbiolo and decided upon tasting it that it would likely open up in a few minutes and continued on to our dinner. The wine opened up some, and while it was not bad, it was not something I would order again. Our server came back to check on us and asked how we liked the wine, We told the truth, and he tasted it, then replaced it with another bottle of much superior quality. I had never had service of this level anywhere, and I am a fairly well versed foodie by my own admission. The food was magnificently prepared. Stuffed veal chop, and osso bucco are well worth it. We even had a small dessert before departing for the rest of our evening. We were full but not overly so which is just how I prefer to leave a great dining experience. We are definitely going back, and hopefully very soon!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ChadleyNC
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“A Must for Foodies”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I stopped in Charlotte yesterday on our way home (from DC to Atlanta) just to enjoy Luce. We first experienced their great food two years ago and have been looking for a chance to get back. The food is exceptional, the service is timely and subtle, and the ambiance is comfortable. I highly recommend this restaurant to foodies and lovers of Italian cuisine. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013