“Yummy comfort foods!”

Dish
Ranked #68 of 2,351 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Yummy comfort foods!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting Charlotte for the day from the Cola area and looked for a Triple D restaurant. We loved Dish. I had yummy, warm chicken and dumplings on a chilly day. My husband had the Cajun meatloaf and enjoyed it too. Service was great.

“Great locally owned restaurant.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Comfort food at its best. We had the meatloaf and shrimp and grits. Perfectly done.We sat at the bar , bartender was very attentive.

tentive.

Key West, Florida
“Great Food,Great Atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Ate dinner here about 3 weeks ago. There were three generations at the table,6 of us total, and everyone found something to love.
I had the pot roast,which is one of my favorite meals. It was a HUGE portion. It was also TERRIFIC! Very tender and moist, with great gravy. Loved the biscuit and loved loved loved the deviled egg that came with it. Those who are not familiar with Southern food,might wonder why deviled eggs,but they are very popular in the South.
We ordered fried green tomatoes for the table as an appetizer,as myself and my husband try to have them when we see them offered on a menu (which happens a lot more in the South than the North). The dipping sauce was the usual horseradish/ranch/dill type that often goes with it. They were cooked perfectly and not greasy. Nice choice.
The server let me swap out the sides it came with for two sides I preferred - green beans and sweet potatoes,both which were very good.
The service was attentive and accommodating,atmosphere relaxing and fun and food very good. Just the perfect place to have a wonderful meal.

• Visited October 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Why did I wait so long to try this joint??”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I got off early so decided to grad an early dinner. She heard about this place a while back from her boss and it never seemed like the right time to go. Today turned out to be the right time. It was after the lunch rush so there were plenty of tables. Our waitress came right over and got our drink order. I got the meatloaf sandwich, my wife got some kind of chicken wrap. Both came out quick and were delicious. We never get dessert when we're out but when asked we both thought it was a good idea, it wasn't, it was a great idea. We split a piece of peanut butter cheesecake and thought someone was going to have to roll us out after we finished. Well worth it, can't believe we waited so long to try Dish and will for sure be back again.

• Visited October 2013
Florida Panhandle, Florida
“The most awful meals EVER!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

The most awful meals ever! The best part was the biscuit and we had to ask for the butter! We got the specials that were not on the menu, the perch and the half rack of ribs. The ribs had zero seasoning and were baked. The perch was so fishy tasting we couldn't even eat it without gagging and we love fish of all kinds! When we alerted our waitress, we were told the management would not discount the meal since "that was what I ordered." We don't live here and we went because of the high rating. Don't waste your money or your time on the skewed rating of this restaurant.

3 Thank JeannineKay