“Disapponted in Dolce....”
Review of Dolce Ristorante

Dolce Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Dolce Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #281 of 2,468 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dilworth
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went on a recommendation., Food was simple, dry and the waitstaff are basically young college age kids. At one point my water was empty and they were all talking near the cash register. The "Italian Food" was served with mashed potatoes. I ordered the POLLO..was pretty dry and looked like a burrito. I wouldn't recommend and don't plan on returning.

Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Reserved a table for 6:30. Place was PACKED at 8! After tonight I know why... The food is excellent, friendly service and good prices. The restaurant was a little hard to find, it behind a building next to Harris Teeter. The owner has done a good job creating an Italian feeling inside. The Restaurant also have a patio. If you are into Italian food, I would recommend that you give this place a chance!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We drove up to Dolce Ristorante and as the old saying goes, don't judge a book by it's cover, really rings true! It is located in a strip mall.....nothing very special about the exterior....the inside was ok, not fantastic, small, and narrow with crowded seating. There were four of us and out of the four two people complained that the chairs were very uncomfortable.....but what makes up for the is the food! We had visited on a Wednesday evening during Queen's Feast(restaurant week). Our first chance at tasting the food was a lovely bread basket with a bean bruschetta, then an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms....they were excellent, in fact I could make my meal of these...I ordered the flounder sworn crab and a dill sauce. The others ordered veal, lobster ravioli, and shrimp fetticinni....everyone was happy except for mine...mine was overdone and burnt around the edges, so much so that I had to cut alot of it away....I am thinking that is why there was so much dill sauce on it....I did mention it to the waiter but he seemed to brush me off. I realize that this is a very busy time for a restaurant and it can be too much to really care just for one person.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

authentic as it gets for italian in charlotte. fresh ingredients great italian wine selection and wonderful staff

Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife stocked up on a bunch of groupons to mostly high end restaurants. But I was in the mood for something nice but not too high brow. The reviews to Dolce we very polarized. Reviewers either loved it or hated it. I think that may be due to expectations. Dolce is a trattoria not a restaurante. It is a neighborhood place where you can strike up a conversation with the table next to you as we did, Sometimes you want that, sometimes not. Tonight I did. Have I had better food? Yes. Better service? Yes. Better ambiance? Yes. but for what I was in the mood for tonight it was perfect.

We chose the specials which were very good. We went on a Thursday which was busy but not too crowded.

Been to Dolce Ristorante? Share your experiences!