“Wonderful Food for three out of four....but it was great!”
Review of Dolce Ristorante

Dolce Ristorante
Ranked #350 of 2,372 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Dilworth
Indian Land, South Carolina
“Wonderful Food for three out of four....but it was great!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We drove up to Dolce Ristorante and as the old saying goes, don't judge a book by it's cover, really rings true! It is located in a strip mall.....nothing very special about the exterior....the inside was ok, not fantastic, small, and narrow with crowded seating. There were four of us and out of the four two people complained that the chairs were very uncomfortable.....but what makes up for the is the food! We had visited on a Wednesday evening during Queen's Feast(restaurant week). Our first chance at tasting the food was a lovely bread basket with a bean bruschetta, then an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms....they were excellent, in fact I could make my meal of these...I ordered the flounder sworn crab and a dill sauce. The others ordered veal, lobster ravioli, and shrimp fetticinni....everyone was happy except for mine...mine was overdone and burnt around the edges, so much so that I had to cut alot of it away....I am thinking that is why there was so much dill sauce on it....I did mention it to the waiter but he seemed to brush me off. I realize that this is a very busy time for a restaurant and it can be too much to really care just for one person.

lincolnton
“awesome”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

authentic as it gets for italian in charlotte. fresh ingredients great italian wine selection and wonderful staff

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Just what I was in the mood for”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My wife stocked up on a bunch of groupons to mostly high end restaurants. But I was in the mood for something nice but not too high brow. The reviews to Dolce we very polarized. Reviewers either loved it or hated it. I think that may be due to expectations. Dolce is a trattoria not a restaurante. It is a neighborhood place where you can strike up a conversation with the table next to you as we did, Sometimes you want that, sometimes not. Tonight I did. Have I had better food? Yes. Better service? Yes. Better ambiance? Yes. but for what I was in the mood for tonight it was perfect.

We chose the specials which were very good. We went on a Thursday which was busy but not too crowded.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Authentic Italian with a family feel”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I've been to Dolce several times and I've always come away feeling welcomed and "full"! The food is fantastic. They deal in regional specialties, so no bland spaghetti, but perfectly prepared Bolognese instead. You can taste the different meats in the sauce and the pasta is prepared correctly so that the sauce sticks to it.

In the summer they usually have a month for different regions and feature specific dishes and wines from that region. Their wine lists is very good and they are ready to make suggestions based on your meal.

And leave room for dessert! Their gelato has been voted the Best in Charlotte several times. The toasted almond is great.

One of the owners are usually at the front of the house to greet you and to wish you a buona notte!

• Visited March 2012
“typical italian”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I've been in the past, but was less impressed on this visit. My dish was okay, but there was not a lot to choose from on the menu. My caprise salad was okay. In my opinion, one shouldn't be served a caprise salad unless the tomatoes are excellent. The basil was also very sparse. I had a veal special which was good, but nothing special. There are too many other restaurant in Charlotte to go back to this one.

• Visited March 2012