“Rough start, better ending.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #647 of 2,340 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, NC
“Rough start, better ending.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We did call ahead because they do not take reservations . A very long wait with people who came in after us being seated before us. Hostess who sat us was very rude. She tried to sit us in the center but we saw many booths available and requested one. She said, "No we are understaffed ." Then I saw her sit others there and avoid looking in my direction. The waitress we had was amazing and the food was prepared to our satisfaction . My dining experience begins the minute I enter a restaurant , I was not pleased with hostesses.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Elizabeth, Indiana
“Good food and weak drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I ordered the 6 oz sirloin medium-well, but it came out medium--at best. I sent it back, but it took TOO LONG A TIME to get it back. The asparagus was great. I had the skinnyRita; I think it was low-cal because it had no alcohol in it.

Visited June 2014
“YEEEESSSSSS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

DELICIOUS RIBS! I could eat here at least twice a month. Love their whole menu but the ribs is what brings me back. Awesome customer service and to the bad reviews...stick it. Some people have a not so good day at any place. Dont let the bad reviews steer you away from this place....ANY PLACE. Have your own experience and you be the judge.

Long Island, New York
“Horrible Meal, Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Went to outback for late lunch, early dinner today, Sunday May 19, 2014. I ordered the special, prime rib with lobster tail. I picked for my sides salad and asparagus. The first prime rib was 90% fat, "where's the beef?" I immediately brought this to the waiter's attention and he said he would bring me a replacement with additional asparagus. The grilled asparagus tasted as if it were marinated in salt, I couldn't even swallow it. My replacement prime rib was served, not much better and the 2nd batch of asparagus was even worse. I couldn't eat this horrible food, asked the waiter for a check and told him of my great dissatisfaction-NOTHING OFFERED OR DONE. i LEFT. Avoid this restaurant. I would had been better off for 25% of the cost to go across the ways to Boston Market.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Take care of their mates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

We eat at Outbacks often and are very happy they have started serving lunch. We stopped by for lunch yesterday. I ordered a cheeseburger medium rare. It came well done. When our waitress (who was giving us excellent friendly service from the start) stopped by to see how our food was I commented "Good except my burger is well done." She immediately offered to get the kitchen to cook another one. When I said that was not necessary, she offered a new one to go. Again I thanked her but declined. When the bill came we were not charged for the burger. That is service. As always everything else was fresh and tasty. The restaurant was fresh and clean. If we are ever in that neck of the woods, we'll be back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!