“burned my tongue off”

Cuisines: Thai
Erie, Pennsylvania
“burned my tongue off”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

The food might be good if it wasn't CRAZY spicy (and I love spicy food). I asked for medium & what I got was so spicy I almost threw up. If that was medium, I don't think I could have even tolerated the mild. Hot would have given me brain damage. It's worth a try but ask for NOT spicy. If it's not spicy enough you can always add hot sauce.

Visited February 2011

Honolulu, Hawaii
“By Far the Most Authentic Thai Restaurant in Charlotte”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We've been going to Monsoon for about 7 years and it is the best Thai Restaurant in Charloote. Their prices are also affordable. Alot of other Thai restaurants adapt their dishes to southern tasts which often makes it too sweet. This restaurant blends the flavor so that it retains much of it's authentic spices without adding alot of sugar.

I only wish they had not closed on Sundays....but I understand with the recession many restaurants have had to adapt to survive. We miss our Sunday brunches at Monsoon.

• Visited June 2011
6 Thank DuaneTanouye
North Carolina
“Favorite restaurant in Charlotte”
Reviewed January 6, 2008

The food here is the best Thai food I have found in Charlotte. The service is very good and they are able to customize the entrees for the customers. My daughter loves the food and would much rather eat here than McDonalds, which is saying something.