“Overpriced FUEL (Pizza)”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Second Ward
Reviewed December 16, 2011

A group of friends and I were in Charlotte, NC for a Carolina Panthers football game. We asked the hotel clerk were we could get pizza and he suggested Fuel. We plugged the address into the GPS and made our way there. We parked in the parking garage ($5) and walked over. The atmosphere is cramped, dark, cluttered and crowded and like a typical college pizzeria. We got in line anyway. You can order by the slice here so I ordered and was told that I couldn't get that because it was too busy. I had to get what they had. It got a two slices of pizza, three garlic knots and a coke, it was $10. The price wasn't horribly bad but the food was mediocre at best. The wait staff could care less This place would be great on a late night after you've been drinking and want some food. Would I go back, only if i was out drinking in Charlotte and wanted some "drunk" food.

There are newer reviews for Fuel Pizza Cafe

Reviewed November 21, 2011

I loved the atmosphere of Fuel! It was laid back and the only place in downtown Charlotte that I visited that had decent prices. The staff was so nice and helpful and smiling. The pizza was reminded me of a place I grew up eating at. Just enough bread not to much, good sauce and great cheese! Loved it will go back next time in Charlotte!

Reviewed September 14, 2011

This restaurant is across the street from the convention center and close to work. The pizza by the slice and garlic knots are consistently reliable. I wouldn't describe it as the best NY-style pizza I've eaten (even in Charlotte) but it is reasonably priced and quick. Large groups from conventions can dramatically slow the service, but that's expected.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Went in for a slice or two. For some reason the people working there couldn't get it straight whether I wanted it for there or to go. I didn't really understand that. They did give us a free order of garlic knots for our trouble. The pizza was decent, the salad was ok, the knots were good. Overall, pretty good.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We shared a buffalo chicken salad and a pizza. The salad was great; the pizza was OK. The wait staff were all friendly and helpful. It was an easy walk from the Hilton for a casual meal.