“First rate sports bar”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Joined the Michigan alumni club for the game gathering. Really fun. Lots of TVs located in good viewing positions, staff ready to support a long stay, and excellent food. Best wings I have had in an age, delicious hummus, and a brownie sundae to die for. Regret that I am not a local so that I can repeat the experience.

There are newer reviews for Tavern On The Tracks

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Ordered the meatloaf sandwich with heavy and mashed potatoes. The potatoes were a bit cold but the meatloaf nearly raw inside. That is not even the most disappointing part. The waitress barely acknowledged it, and at first only offered to not charge me for the meatloaf. Gee. Thanks. I had to ask for a discount on the next sandwich she brought and she acted as if it was a burden.
She made a point to tell me that she paid for it herself! What? Why would the waitress have to pay for the kitchen's under cooked meatloaf? Even more astounding is the fact that I told her I find it unfair that she would have to pay for the cook's negligence, & would like to speak to a manager. She refused, telling me that it's ok, & she paid the bill.
No apologies, & no manager came by the table to express concern or offer apologies.
People make mistakes, so I can almost forgive the under cooked food, but the lack of concern for their customers, not so much. I will not be back

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband was playing at the club next door so we decided to run in for dinner before his band played. We had 50 minutes before show time.

We ordered spinach and artichoke dip we also ordered burgers and asked that our waitress go ahead and place the order since we were on a time constraint. It was busy but not a line out the door.

Our appetizer arrived but it turned out to be queso dip. We both like queso so we were OK with it even though it was a bit spicier than were used to. But as we made our way through the ships they got saltier and the last few were so bad we couldn’t eat them. I had 3 glasses of tea with my appetizer since it was so salty.

I am guessing our burgers didn’t get order with our apps as it took forever to get our burgers. Nick went with the Tavern Burgers while I went with the black bean burger. When our meal finally came out our burgers were accompanied by a huge plate of fries half which were burnt. We both grabbed a fry and both went “ick” at the same time. It tasted like a stick of salt. Nick noticed his burger (which he ordered med well) still had some moo to it. After 2 bites he couldn’t eat it any more…he also said it tasted like to much season salt. My burger came out on a pita type bread and looked more like a club sandwich. I took one bite out of it and it was horrible. The burger had no taste to it and there was more veggies and bread than burger. The bread was awful and tasted like a salt cake. Neither one of us could eat our meal.

We finally had to flag down another waitress to get our server. We explained to her that we simply could not finish our meal and asked for it to be taken back and taken off our meal. We didn’t have time to get anything off the menu. When we got our bill both meals were still on the bill. Nick had to go in search of our server to inquire why the food was still on the bill. Like one other reviewer said, the manager came over and we assumed was going to apologize or something. Instead he was very rude and when we explained to him we were not paying for the meal since I was not edible and we only had a few bites when we returned it (and I can’t even tell you the last time I sent a meal back). He said he would take it off the bill..this time.

My husband and I have eaten here other times before when we were going next door for a show and prior to this always had great food. I don’t know what happened this time. But thanks to the manager’s attitude, we will not be back. I started to feel queasy after eating and in the middle of my husbands set..I became sick and remained sick the rest of the evening.

If you are at Amo’s and looking for a place to eat..there are plenty of other places in the area to eat.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Live music was a bit loud for conversation but the munches and beverages were good. Nice server-location great-step off the train

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was frankly surprised by the quality of the food at Tavern on the Tracks, which is a restaurant/bar located near some tracks in Charlotte, NC. I had a French Dip sandwich with a side salad, and some french fries. My sister, who is always on the lookout for a great grilled cheese, recommeded this establishment. The aus jus for the French Dip was excellent and the salad was fine. The service was very attentive. The cost for the two of us to eat with soft drinks was about $18. It was a pleasant surprise.