“Been going many years!”

Red Rocks Charlotte
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Rocks Charlotte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #207 of 2,374 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fairview Road
Description: Red Rocks Café is a locally owned and operated, unique American Restaurant. We have operated in the greater Charlotte, NC area since 1992. We currently operate two units. The Original Red Rocks is in the Foxcroft area of Charlotte at the Strawberry Hill Shopping Center, and the newer unit, opened in 2003 is at Birkdale Village in Huntersville, NC. We offer a very diverse menu of appetizers, salads, pasta, steaks, seafood, chicken, and sandwiches. Our wine and dessert offerings are world class. We are unique in that we have something for everyone. No one is excluded due to price or category of food. At Red Rocks you can choose to “eat” or “dine.” Our mission is to professionally and efficiently operate a clean, upscale, restaurant that consistently offers great food and beverage at a reasonable cost. We invite you to visit Red Rocks Café for a great experience.
“Been going many years!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I feel so terrible that the guest below had this experience. My partner and I frequent Red Rocks in Charlotte and Birkdale and have nothing but positive experiences. The food is always good, restaurant is spotless and most important the staff is so energetic and friendly ... Infact they treat us like guest of honor when we come in ... Anyways I have to give a shout out! I was in over the weekend and of all the times I've been there this was one of the best meals I had had. I had the seafood feature... Fantastic and on point! Thank u!

• Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Don't go if your gay”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Yesterday my boyfriend and I met a friend of his for what we thought would be a nice evening at Red Rocks. While the food was good, the waiter apparently had no issue with standing near us, starring and laughing at us with another server. Obviously, this was very disturbing and ignorant on his part.
The year is 2014, not 1414, and I would have expected more common courtesy. I will not choose to dine with this establishment again due to the staff. I would recommend that other people in the gay community consider another place to spend their evening and hard earned money. We deserve, at the very least, to be treated with common dignity. This is a very basic expectation!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank flyer5963
John L, Owner at Red Rocks Charlotte, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
I am mortified to think this happened. I sincerely apologize. Rest assured it will be handled on my end. Please accept our apology and let me know what else I (we) can do.
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Nice environment, good food, pleasant staff”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came here for lunch before the Super Bowl. Food was great and the menu varied. Very nice environment and professional staff.

Mint Hill, North Carolina
“Birthday for my Baby”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had seen where the Red Rocks Cafe was one of the best restaurants in the Charlotte area. Reservations were made so that we could celebrate my wife's birthday. After missing the entrance to the lot where the restaurant is located, we doubled back, through what looked like an apartment complex, then to a secluded shopping/dining center. From the address, you'd never guess the center was here, but if traveling west on Sardis Rd, turn into the driveway just before Providence; or if traveling north on Providence, turn into the first driveway past Fairview/Sardis. We were seated in an area not far from the bar. A few televisions were on, almost giving the feeling of a sports bar. There are dining areas beyond the bar where there's a beautiful fireplace-looking animation. Not to worry though because the real fire place is off to the left about 20 feet. Cozy!
Our menu was quite inviting, with all sorts of entrees at prices which really were quite reasonable. We chose iced tea to drink. It was excellent. It wasn't too easy selecting an entree because everything looked so good. I will say that both our selections were outstanding, with presentations to rival the high-end dining facilities. We saw a dessert tray pass by, so we decided to go for it. Wonderful choice because the desserts too were great. The service was great and so was the food. Yes, the restrooms were too. After one visit, we've decided to make this our "go-to" restaurant. There are so many things on the menu which look good that we just have to try them all. For those who like drinking wine with meals, their wine menu is quite extensive. They have a variety of beers and of course, mixed drinks too. This place is a real gem. It will be a place to bring out-of-town guests. Let's see! Valentines Day is next month. Guess I'll make my reservations now.

• Visited January 2014
Curacao
“Very local flair, crowd - comfortable through and through”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Red Rocks clearly has long been a mainstay of the neighborhood - everyone seemed to know everyone and that's a good thing. The service is excellent, timely and very friendly and the menu expansive. Good solid fair that reaches toward upscale with prices that similarly reach upwards. A fully-stocked bar with a fair pour on the second and third rounds - not a thing bad to be said however they'll never be 5-Star either - a very solid, reliable "4" every time I'd guess.

Visited December 2013