“Always a nice experience”
Review of JoJo China Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chilean, Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Always a nice experience”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This well decorated Chinese restaurant is always a pleasant experience. We are always welcomed warmly and the food is always hot and delicious. We especially love the steamer dishes.

Visited December 2013

York County, SC
“As always the food was delicous and always tastes fresh!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband said he saw another review and it was only 3 stars so I felt compelled to add my review of this restaurant which has become my favorite since moving to the south 7 years ago.

I grew accustomed to Asian food in Hawaii and California. It's probably just about my favorite cuisine as a whole, though Prime Rib and Mexican come close (we've not found a restaurant for fabulous Mexican as yet here) We tried a number of Chinese restaurants over the years, but once we discovered JoJo's we no longer had to settle for Lemon Chicken being fried chicken balls with lemon sauce on the side. For the past 4 years we have enjoyed eating there on special occasions, when we have folks in from out of town and if we've not been there for a bit and are hankering for some really scrumptious food.

It's a 50+ minute drive for us but WELL worth it. Our service has always been very good, but the food is just amazing. Always obviously just cooked fresh, unlike the other places we've tried in the area over the years. Of special note: The Lemon Chicken dish is made with fresh tender whole breast filets, with a deliciously crunchy coating and a perfectly sweet sour Lemon sauce. The Chicken Lo Mein is so fresh, with large pieces of tender chicken, and snow peas. I recommend this restaurant to everyone and we always take family there when they are visiting.

There are other places we eat where the food is very good and we enjoy it, but not one of them would I rave about. Recommend yes, rave no. I'm so glad we found this gem or I'd have had to give up Chinese cuisine as an option for eating out.

• Visited November 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Chinese food that is not your usual”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is a sit-down restaurant with many choices. At times it can be a hit or miss kind of thing, but overall, the food is good and tasty. They have a good wine selection too, which is a bit unusual for a place like this.

I will say it is a step above what you would normally find regarding this restaurant.

Visited August 2013
Fort Mill, SC
“A Wonderful Meal!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Tonight was my first time to dine at Jo Jo since becoming gluten sensitive, so I was very pleasantly surprised to learn that they use corn starch as breading and in sauces! So, my favorite dish, Shrimp and Scallops with Lemon Sauce, is gluten-free! I'm still excited about it! I don't know if it would be safe for someone with Celiac, but I am extremely sensitive to gluten, and it did not bother me. I have been avoiding eating here for fear I would have to choose another dish. Now I know I can go any time I have a craving. Jo Jo was very busy tonight, so there was a wait, but for me it was worth it.

• Visited September 2013
Fort Mill, SC
“A Favorite”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have never been disappointed with a meal at JoJo. We have always gotten great service, too. I like the decor and atmosphere, too. We have eaten here several times as a couple and also with our family. We have tried everything from appetizers to desserts. Recommend!

• Visited October 2012