“Great food”

Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

It's not Mekong Restaurant of Richmond Va but the food is amazing. I had the flat fried noodles and they did not disappoint. Only thing I'd like to see different is a larger beer selection.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I LOVE this place. This is my favorite Charlotte resturant - my every year birthday celebration place. Super friendly and attentive staff. The food is so fresh and delicious. The curry soup is my favorite - - or maybe it is the greenbean with tofu (and I hate tofu) - - or maybe the spring rolls - - I love it all!!! Worth a trip into the scetchy neighborhood.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was an accidental discovery for us and opened our palates to an entirely new type of cuisine. Since first finding Lang Van, we have tried half a dozen Vietanmese resturants (including two other Charlotte breakaways run by family and friends from Lang Van) but have yet to find anything close...world-class staff and they always remember us...

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We go to Lang Van every 4-6 months and the owner recognizes us each times. The service is always amazing and the food as well. I had heard about this restaurant for years but did not go b/c it really is not in the best area of town. My regret is that I waited so long to try it! The menu is huge and a bit overwhelming but you can describe to them what you are in the mood for or ask for recommendations and they will bring you something fantastic. My favorite is 107 or 109..cant remember but it is veggies & chicken with some heat along with rice. My husband gets the fried rice and loves it. He is not very adventurous but loves this place. Their spring rolls & garden delight rolls are delicious.

We brought my brother & his family here while they were visiting from out of state. His 2 girls were about 6 & 13 and VERY PICKY!!! As in they don't even like mashed potatoes. So I was a little nervous but the food is so good that I figured we could find something for them. The older girl had their beef fried rice and the younger just wanted chicken & rice. The owner asked questions about if she wanted veggies in it..etc and then said "I will make you what I make my own babies". She brought out a fairly large place of chicken in a brown sauce and rice. She ate every single bite of it and raved!! The older one did the same with her fried rice. We tried a bite of the younger one's food and it was fantastic. They talk about going back the next time they are in Charlotte. I can't recommend it enough. Staff and food are both awesome!!

1  Thank Lynda_in_Chlt
Reviewed October 9, 2013

You would never know just by driving by, since it looks like a tiny hole in the wall dive, but this place is awesome. The food is fantastic and reasonably priced, the wait staff is knowledgeable and courteous, and, even when you have to wait, it's not awful. If you like Asian food, this is a don't miss.