“Dinner and dessert were equally scrumptious”

Carpe Diem Restaurant & Caterers
Reserve with OpenTable
Carpe Diem Restaurant & Caterers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,374 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Elizabeth
Cross street: Travis Avenue
Transit: There is a bus stop located 200 yards from the restaurant.
Description: Join us for Appy Hour and a Half. All appetizers are half price from 5:00PM-6:30PM Mon-Thurs in the bar. Tuesdays all house cocktails are 1/3 off all night. We also feature a half price bottle of wine selection on Monday and Tuesday nights. Carpe Diem is a fine dining restaurant and caterer located in Charlotte, North Carolina. We are in the historic Elizabeth neighborhood near downtown Charlotte. We have been open since 1989, but have moved twice due to downtown business developments. We are now in our third incarnation at 1535 Elizabeth Avenue. Our interiors are done in a beautiful art nouveau style. Mahogany doors, copper lighting that vines around the wood work, and marble floors are just a few details that will engage you in the surroundings. Our menu features long time favorites and extensive specials everyday. We have several vegetarian options on our menu and a daily vegetarian special. We strive to use local products from our hard working farm partners.
Lima, Peru
“Dinner and dessert were equally scrumptious”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

By far the best scallops that I've ever had. The preparation was fabulous. The first time I've ever liked brussels sprouts was at Carpe Diem last night when I had them as a buttery roasted side. The mocha pie? Don't leave Charlotte without trying it. The combination of mascarpone, chocolate and coffee sauce made it memorable. I'd go back to Charlotte just for the mocha pie. As an aside, the decor was very pretty and the service-we had Lisa and another woman who has curly blonde hair-warm and hospitable.

3 Thank Vinita6135

Fairfax, Virginia
“Seize the Opportunity”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

After a long day's drive, we cleaned up, dressed up and enjoyed outstanding service, a fine meal, good wine in a quiet, relaxing, attractive room. Perfect!

1 Thank brpafp
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Really enjoyed this restaurant ”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Went during Queens feast so we got a deal and a great meal. Service was excellent and food was very good . My husband and I chose different dishes so we could share. I had the salmon and he had skirt steak both were great. Bread pudding for dessert was worth the calories.

1 Thank Amy9992
Ashburn, Virginia
“Totally Terrific”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Recently went to Carpe Diem during Restaurant Week; what a fabulous meal and top notch service. The Kale Caesar salad was very good and a large portion, easily a meal by itself. After reading the rave reviews about the Buttermilk Fried Chicken, I selected it as my entree. Wow, the best fried chicken ever; the skin was very crispy, chicken was moist and the accompanying mash potatoes were also very good. And I ended the meal with the banana brulee which came with a scrumptious marshmallow. My sister has been dining at Carpe Diem ever since it first opened and as a new transplant to Charlotte from Virginia I've had fun visiting all the excellent restaurants, and Carpe Diem is in my top five list. Can't wait to return, for the chicken!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank MelanieW542
Pataskala, Ohio
“Very unique combination of flavors”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is a beautiful restaurant. It has a lot of architectural details throughout the building. The menu uses a wide variety of tastes from southern cuisine to Mediterranean. Most of the choices had a unique combination of flavors. I had the goat cheese salad and added shrimp for my entree. The warm goat cheese was amazing, the greens were a nice variety and fresh and the dressing was very unique. I actually tried a few different dressings, but the one I liked the best was the blue cheese vinaigrette. Everyone else at the table was pleased with their meals.
I also liked that they offered a simple sugar syrup to sweeten the ice tea. The prices on the menu are a little on the steep side, but the quality of the ingredients used is as fresh as it gets. I understand that sometimes you have to pay for quality. The service was also very good. This is an excellent place for a nice romantic evening or a fun (more high end) night out with friends.
There is parking on the side street next to the restaurant.