“Loved it”

Carpe Diem Restaurant & Caterers
Reserve with OpenTable
Carpe Diem Restaurant & Caterers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,374 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Elizabeth
Cross street: Travis Avenue
Transit: There is a bus stop located 200 yards from the restaurant.
Description: Join us for Appy Hour and a Half. All appetizers are half price from 5:00PM-6:30PM Mon-Thurs in the bar. Tuesdays all house cocktails are 1/3 off all night. We also feature a half price bottle of wine selection on Monday and Tuesday nights. Carpe Diem is a fine dining restaurant and caterer located in Charlotte, North Carolina. We are in the historic Elizabeth neighborhood near downtown Charlotte. We have been open since 1989, but have moved twice due to downtown business developments. We are now in our third incarnation at 1535 Elizabeth Avenue. Our interiors are done in a beautiful art nouveau style. Mahogany doors, copper lighting that vines around the wood work, and marble floors are just a few details that will engage you in the surroundings. Our menu features long time favorites and extensive specials everyday. We have several vegetarian options on our menu and a daily vegetarian special. We strive to use local products from our hard working farm partners.
Memphis, Tennessee
“Loved it”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Cool place on a neat little street, just a few minutes from downtown. Great menu, and great service.

Visited November 2012

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Nice Dinner on a Tuesday Night”
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I would recommend this place to anyone. I had the Fried Chicken Breast with Yukon Potatoes and it was killer. OK wine list and dessert was fantastic. Give it a try. I think you will enjoy.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Terrific Experience”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was my boyfriend's and I anniversary and we decided to visit this restaurant. Our table was decorated with confetti and the staff was beyond gracious. We loved the lighting, very romantic candles and clean. The appetizer of beef carpacio was outstanding! My salmon was amazing and the portions were beyond generous. All in all, fantastic experience and I have recommended this place to quite a few people.

• Visited August 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Romantic Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is one of the great restaurants in Charlotte. It's very romantic. The service was efficient and friendly without being too familiar.

The pan fried chicken is delicious. I go here when I need my fried chicken fix. The salads are tasty as well.

Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2012
North Carolina
“Very enjoyable meal!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I ate here on a Friday night prior to a show at the Visualite theater nearby. Although it was 6:30 or so on a Friday night it wasn't busy at all and we were seated immediately. The service was excellent and on point. We had the calamari as an app and it was good although not at the top of the list for us. For the entree I had the pork medallions with a mix of potatoes and pan fried okra. My meal was excellent with plenty of flavor. My plate was one of the specials that night so I'm glad I gave it a try.

My wife had the fried chicken dish with mashed potatoes and spinach. She wasn't a huge fan of the spinach but did like both the potatoes and fried chicken. However, with that said, she still preferred my dish to hers!

For dessert we had a pumpkin bread pudding that was very tasty.

Overall it was a pleasant experience and glad we gave it a try!

• Visited October 2012