“Great Atmosphere”

Pike's Old Fashioned Soda Shop
Ranked #468 of 2,351 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Kernersville
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

My wife and I stopped in here for a late supper, I had the shrimp and grits because it was the special, my wife decided to go straight for dessert. My shrimp and grits were very good , not the best I've had but near the top. My wife loved her brownie sundae.. Made from scratch This place has a great old time feel to it, The wait staff was very friendly. Can't wait to go back and try out the burgers.

Providence, Rhode Island
“Good old-fashioned milkshakes ”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner and sat out on the patio. Easy street parking and right off the highway. Seven people in our party all tried something different with no complaints. Finished off with a yummy milkshake. Definitely worth stopping over.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great milk shakes!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Was looking for a great place to get some ice cream while in Charlotte and this place popped up. Turns out it's also where they shot part of the movie "Shallow Hal". I got an oreo milkshake and it was great. Even better, sat out on the patio and enjoyed the great weather. It's right next to the light rail in a trendy part of town. Next time we may take the train there!

Ohio
“Real food made from scratch”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We went for the Sunday brunch. I was highly impressed with the quality of the food. So many times on buffets you'll find Frankenfood compiled from mixes and flavorings. This food was made from scratch, including the delicious applesauce. The sweet potato casserole, broccoli casserole, and biscuits and gravy were especially good. My usually picky child ate more than she has ever eaten at a restaurant. It was crowded, however; plan to wait.

Mooresville, North Carolina
“more nostalgia than good food”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

good service and friendly servers but the food disappointed.i had the california cobb salad and my wife had the fried chicken and mashed potatoes with some kond of broccoli.Both dishes lacked in taste.The chicken was a boneless breast hardly coated but pretty good taste.My salad was just ok.Overall not a place i can say im looking forward to going back to because we probably won't.

• Visited July 2014