“Loved the old time atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pike's Old Fashioned Soda Shop
Ranked #427 of 2,340 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Atlanta, Georgia
“Loved the old time atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had lunch at Pike's and loved the atmosphere and the vintage details. The milkshakes were thick and delicious. I had the club sandwich and it was really big enough for two people and very yummy.

Visited July 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

My daughter and I discovered this place by accident. Lo and behold it's a "famous" restaurant (used in a scene on Shallow Hal). Regardless of its stardom the prices don't reflect it.
Liked: Food and prices
Disliked: Everyone knows about it so you might have to wait.

Visited July 2012
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Food is decent, soda shop is great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Ate hear for Father's Day 2012 and dropped $85, including tip. Some things to avoid/ be aware of: You WILL be charged for refills other than soft drinks. I got lemonade and the waiter did not let me know when he asked me if I wanted a refill that I was going to be charged each time. This can add up. Also, my kids asked for honey mustard and Ranch, and I was charged $0.50 for each tiny little cup. Again, this was not disclosed by the waiter. My kids both had burgers, and my wife and I each ordered an entree. The food was decent, but I could've eaten at Outback and had a great steak for what I paid for at Pike's. Also, don't order an appetizer at Pike's because the servings are ample and you know you're going to get some kind of dessert.
Bottom line: Decent food/atmosphere, but you will get 'nickeled $ dimed' to death if you're not careful. If you're unsure, ask your waiter before you request something that is normally free at most restaurants.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank David C
Decatur, AL
“Cute place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

We went to Pike's for the Sunday brunch buffet, and were very pleased with our meal. We got there around 9, and the actual brunch wasn't served until 10, so we got the breakfast buffet. We were okay with that, though, because we only wanted breakfast food. There was a good selection of food- biscuits and gravy, muffins, fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrown casserole, eggs benedict, etc. Everything was hot and well-prepared, but nothing to write home about. The hashbrown casserole was my favorite part. I believe it was $9 for the buffet, and it's definitely worth it if you plan to eat more than one plate. The atmosphere is so cute- you can eat inside or outside. The outside tables have umbrellas and they play great music. I loved my experience, and it's definitely worth a try.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Charlotte, NC
“Deserts and Ice Cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I love the "chicken fantastic". It is just a good old fashion casserole, but it is wonderful. You can't pass up the float or homemade desserts. This is a flash back to the past.

Visited December 2011