“On the way to CLT”

Beef & Bottle Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beef & Bottle Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 2,585 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and I had a late departure on a flight out of Charlotte one evening, so we decided to have supper some place in town (so as to avoid having to eat "airport food"). If you are going from "Uptown" Charlotte to the airport, the Beef & Bottle is right on the way, so we decided to have supper there. The location is convenient, and the food is very good. However, it can be noisy (in the evening, they tend to have groups of businessmen come in to eat, and a table full of 6 to 10 men at a business meal can get noisy.) In addition, their prices are what I consider to be at least "moderately expensive" (e.g., we shared an appetizer, each of us had a steak entree and two glasses of wine, no dessert , no coffee, and the bill was $82.00 - before the tip.) Overall, it was a good choice for what we needed that evening.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband took me here for my birthday last weekend and while the food is still very good-- it wasn't quite as I'd remembered. I had the ribeye with scallops (prepared scampi style, which I didn't care for) and my husband had the ribeye with oysters-- we liked both. Our food was good; however. We were seated right by the door beside this table with three couples who were extremely loud, with one of the women in the group who had this laugh that sounded like a cow gasping for air-- it was VERY ANNOYING and basically ruined my night out! In any event, this was no fault of the restaurant, but still affected my visit. I will be sure to request a different seat next time!

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Beef n Bottle again last night, along with yet another couple who we were introducing to this classic, unique dining experience. Everything was top notch as usual. Rick, the manager, Diane, our server, and the rest of the staff are simply terrific. Shrimp cocktail was fabulous. I had prime rib while my wife and our guests had the filet. Wonderful steaks. I'm not a dessert guy, but the others had pie. The homemade apple pie got rave reviews. We will be back.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

In Kansas City we have a few steakhouses. I'm not sure if this one would make it there. But if it did, it would be because of the service.

Pros
As I mentioned, the ladies serving the table were outstanding; possibly the best service I have ever had - wine glasses were always full, plates removed immediately, and I believe a personal conviction to ensure you enjoyed your visit. A++. The asparagus was borderline wonderful - hands down the best thing I ate. The wine(s) were also good and properly served.

Cons
We got one fried mixed seafood platter and one baked/broiled seafood platter to start with. Some items were very good, some, like the broiled frog legs were not good at all. Appetizer gets a C. Then we got salads. You get a plate of iceberg lettuce which looked limp and had been setting all day. Then you get a tray with vegetables you can add - chunks of celery that were brown on the ends from setting too long. A red onion that was old and dried out. Green peppers that were good, and average cherry tomatoes. Community dressings may or may not been house made, but the blue cheese was good. Overall, the salad gets an F. Lastly the steak and sides. I ordered a ribeye medium rare, and it came rare, but that is ok, I just don't want them medium or more. But it was pretty gristly and a little over salted.

Overall
The prices are good, but when you balance the price with the poor salad and steak, I'd rather just pay more or go somewhere else. I recognize this just could have been a bad night on the steak, but how do you let that salad go out like that? The kitchen manager needs eyeball everything that goes out the door. Unsure if I will go back.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I can't believe I have never written a review for Beef and Bottle Restaurant. It is by far my favorite restaurant in Charlotte. We always go there to celebrate our special days...(anniversary, birthdays..etc) The wait staff are professional, and friendly. The food is beyond great. We have never had a bad meal here. I love their amazing filets and home made ranch dressing for their very fresh salads. Once you go there, I know it will become your favorite also!

Can't wait to celebrate our anniversary with them in April...(if we don't go before that!)

Been to Beef & Bottle Restaurant? Share your experiences!