“Deli type atmosphere. Outstanding food.”
Review of Kabob House

Kabob House
Ranked #1,377 of 2,465 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Persian, Bar
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Forest
Description: Persian Cuisine / Hookah & Tea Lounge and weekend belly dance Kabob House opened in 1998. 3-Star rating by Charlotte Observer. Voted best lamb kabob, chicken kabob and shish kabob. Pioneer in hookah lounge in Charlotte. *Reservations recommended
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 13, 2008

Deli type atmosphere. Outstanding food.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed December 27, 2007

When I first drove by the location, I almost missed the restaurant since it's tucked away next to a number of car dealerships. Also it's in an area that I really don't frequent (closer to Matthews than Uptown Charlotte). I'd heard good things from other people who had been there previously. Another major reason why I took a chance was reading about the entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights--a belly dancer from a local dance studio performs for the diners. Since I had a group with me, it was entertaining to watch the dancer perform and laugh as my boyfriend learned how to belly dance. The owner was very helpful in setting up our large party and very accomodating when some of our guests didn't show (no set menu or pre-set numbers). It was also wonderful that the server allowed us to split the bill. She also was great with taking care of such a large group (12 people).

Before I arrived, I was concerned that the smoke from the hookah bar would make my guests uncomfortable. However, it somehow stayed contained in the "lounge" area that was no more than 30 feet away from us.

One thing that concerned me was the restaurant's limited number of guests on a Saturday night. We arrived at 7pm and found only a group of 4 there besides ours. Since Kabob House is further away from the Uptown hustle and bustle, it's understandable that there wouldn't have been large crowds there. It seemed to attract patrons who were either interested in the hookah bar or were regulars.

Menu prices are very reasonable for the amount of food that you get--all entrees include rice pilaf and veggies. I'd recommend starting off with some appetizers, so you can try something besides just kabobs. Ask the server for an explanation. Ours was extremely accomodating, especially since all of us weren't familiar with the menu items/cuisine names. Menu: ---

Our total (after splitting appetizers) was around $55. This included shared appetizers, two entrees, 5 beers, and 20% gratuity.

Some of my friends confused Kabob House with Kabob Grill (Dilworth). They're not owned by the same proprietors. If you're headed there with a group, make sure you differentiate the two or you'll lose some of your party like we did.

1  Thank jenipapo