“Romano's - What Happened !!!”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #454 of 2,570 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2012

RMG used to serve an excellent fettucini alfredo with grilled chicken, but no more I am sad to report. The manager does the rounds at the restaurant and asked us how our the meal was and we told him the truth and informed him that the fettucini alfredo w/chicken lacked the original taste and flavour that made it a repeat item and he informed us that they now prepared the chicken in the moning and placed it in the fridge to be warmed up instead of serving it fresh and hot from the grill. That is a serious mistake by my standards. The manager comped the meal - which was nice. So now, I will have to find another dish to eat there if I decide to return.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Tried the Macaroni Grill because of a buy one entree get one free promotion. We don't go there often. Expectations weren't particularly high. What a pleasant surprise.Chicken scaloppine was delicious as was the Chicken Milanese, pomadora sauce was very good.. I like their caesar salad a lot for $3 (with an entree). All in all a very positive experience that will keep the door open for future visits.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The atmosphere in the dining room of the Providence Commons location is very appealing. The tables and booths are well-spaced. If there is a wait, you can watch the cooks in action, and see plates before they go out to get ideas for what you might want to order. The warm bread and olive oil are fantastic. We like the option to buy a bottle of olive oil to take home. We appreciated the Labor Day promo to Buy One-Get One Entree - You have to join the club, and then you'll receive the promo via e-mail. The smart restaurants offer promotions in this economy. Another promo they have right now, to donate $2 to help hungry children, and get $5 off the next visit, is a good idea. So is the $5 coupon for taking their surveys. Who has time for surveys? They make it worth the while. The food is good. The restaurant is in a good location. Parking is plentiful. My sons enjoyed playing tic-tac-toe and hang-man on the butcher paper atop the white linen while waiting for our meals. The manager on-duty Friday, Labor Day weekend, was very professional. She honored our request for seating in a particular area as expeditiouly as possible. She also handled a problem at a neighboring table very well. I don't know her name. She was an African American woman and was wearing a purple-ish shirt and it was approx. 9:00 p.m. on Friday, Labor Day weekend. Our waiter ran around a lot for us, and remained friendly. Another waiter gladly dismantled our booth to find my debit card which I'd accidently dropped between the seat and the wall. We had a nice evening out. Thanks for the good time. Good value with the coupon!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

The resturant has a good ambience and plays soft Italian numbers.
We had Ravioli, Pasta and deserts they were very tasty and the portions were good.
The Chardoni suggested was excellent and had a great time.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We took a large group to this restaurant and the service was fantastic. We really appreciated the team's willingness to work with our group and the speediness of the service. I would definitely return to this restaurante.

Been to Romano's Macaroni Grill? Share your experiences!