“Delicious food, Excellent Atmosphere!”
Review of 300 East

300 East
Reserve with OpenTable
300 East is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 2,404 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dilworth
Cross street: Cleveland Avenue
Transit: 300 East is located 2 blocks east of the East/West Boulevard light rail stop.
Description: We are a neighborhood restaurant, family owned and operated, well into our third decade of serving locals and tourists alike. On the menu: American-Eclectic cuisine. Atmosphere: Warm and quirky with plenty of historic charm. Service: Friendly and casual. Specialties: Creative Sandwiches, Salads, and Entrees, Healthful Fare, Farm-To-Table, Sunday Brunch, Desserts.
Columbia, South Carolina
“Delicious food, Excellent Atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Some friends and I had lunch here and it was delicious! Everyone enjoyed their meals! The service was excellent and we would love to come back soon. Very charming neighborhood, and after lunch, it was such a beautiful fall day that we sat outside on the patio for a long time and just enjoyed the ambiance. We will be back!

• Visited September 2013

Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
“Excellent cuisine courteous staff”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Quaint restaurant just outside downtown Charlotte. Food was excellent and reasonable. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend 300 East. Easy parking btw.

Visited August 2013
Milwaukee, WI
“Great Charlotte Dining Experience”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We loved the charm of this place in the quaint historic neighborhood of Dilworth. It was also 1/2 price wine night! We dined here with our 2 kids and when you are traveling with kids, it's so nice to find a local restaurant that caters to adults as well as kids without feeling like you are at just another Chili's or Applebys (food or atmosphere!). We had the Farro Sauté (rustic italian grain) with added shrimp and the Grilled Gorgonzola-Stuffed Filet Mignon, they were so good I don't even care what the kids ate (I'm pretty sure it was pasta or grilled cheese). Our waiter was Matthew and he was a very attentive to the needs and did a great job at explaining the various options on the menu. While we sat inside, there was nice outdoor seating. Also, a visit to the restroom was a little entertaining trying to figure out which was the "boys" room. Thankfully my knowlege of anatomy kicked in and based on the smile on my son's face, it kicked in for him too. But anyone wanting to experience the real heart of Charlotte outside of downtown, they will not be disappointed in food or atmosphere at 300 East.

• Visited August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Flawless!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've been coming to 300 East for awhile, and I have never been disappointed. The food is always excellent, but it's the service that really keeps me coming back. Everytime we come in, we're treated like old friends. The staff do everything they can to make your meal a pleasurable experience. Of all the times I've been there, I can honestly say I have never had bad service! And the food is always the best! One of my favorites is the Hanger Steak, served with onion marmalade. Now, I am very picky about my steak, and find that most places don't get it right, but I have to say everytime I've gotten it at 300 East, it has been cooked perfectly. I also like the Usual (chicken salad, fresh asparagus and cheddar) sandwhich...it's always a winner! And, you can't leave without trying one of their signature drinks...the Matilda Wong. It's the perfect summer drink, as it contains lots of fresh juices. 300 East has easily become one of my favorite restaurants!

• Visited July 2013
Ormond Beach, Florida
“quaint location in a period house. Food was wonderful”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

It was a busy Saturday lunch crowd so we ate at the bar. Had a pleasant server who took good care of us. Very friendly- even took part in our discussion of our selecting a family members wedding gown purchase!. Had wonderful salads.

Visited July 2013