“Flawless!”
Review of 300 East

300 East
Reserve with OpenTable
300 East is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 2,404 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dilworth
Cross street: Cleveland Avenue
Transit: 300 East is located 2 blocks east of the East/West Boulevard light rail stop.
Description: We are a neighborhood restaurant, family owned and operated, well into our third decade of serving locals and tourists alike. On the menu: American-Eclectic cuisine. Atmosphere: Warm and quirky with plenty of historic charm. Service: Friendly and casual. Specialties: Creative Sandwiches, Salads, and Entrees, Healthful Fare, Farm-To-Table, Sunday Brunch, Desserts.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Flawless!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've been coming to 300 East for awhile, and I have never been disappointed. The food is always excellent, but it's the service that really keeps me coming back. Everytime we come in, we're treated like old friends. The staff do everything they can to make your meal a pleasurable experience. Of all the times I've been there, I can honestly say I have never had bad service! And the food is always the best! One of my favorites is the Hanger Steak, served with onion marmalade. Now, I am very picky about my steak, and find that most places don't get it right, but I have to say everytime I've gotten it at 300 East, it has been cooked perfectly. I also like the Usual (chicken salad, fresh asparagus and cheddar) sandwhich...it's always a winner! And, you can't leave without trying one of their signature drinks...the Matilda Wong. It's the perfect summer drink, as it contains lots of fresh juices. 300 East has easily become one of my favorite restaurants!

• Visited July 2013

Ormond Beach, Florida
“quaint location in a period house. Food was wonderful”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

It was a busy Saturday lunch crowd so we ate at the bar. Had a pleasant server who took good care of us. Very friendly- even took part in our discussion of our selecting a family members wedding gown purchase!. Had wonderful salads.

Visited July 2013
Haiku, Hawaii
“Great Blue cheese stuffed steak. Very busy if you go at the wrong time!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

300 East is a nice restaurant built out of a old house. It has a cozy feel and great food. It is a very nice place for couples and special occasions. The staff has great customer service that you would expect it from a fine dinning restaurant. The seating is a little cramped tho. If you have a party of two make sure they don't sit you at the tiny table. They do have them available when it gets packed. We got moved to a four top so there was plenty of room. Hats off to the chef. My steak was cooked perfect!

• Visited October 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“meh.”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We ate at this restaurant about a month ago and I'm struggling to remember anything outstanding about it. I know I had a delicious peach cocktail and some tasty crab cakes with a wonderful corn salsa, but I also recall my entree (the black bean and green chile chicken tortilla) as being just okay. I wasn't upset about the fact that I didn't finish it, and that's rare. To be honest, I feel like I could've made a better version at home. My date had the pork tenderloin, and while serving it with a cornbread waffle is a great idea, he was less than impressed with how it all came together. The service was fine. My number one memory of this place is the signs on the bathrooms. I'm not sure what it says about me, but I got a kick out of them.

• Visited May 2013
“Great lunch option”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I haven't visited 300 East on years but will not wait so long to return. We arrived at noon, were quickly seated and greeted by our waiter. They still serve the fabulous iced tea that I remembered. Our waiter recommended the Seared Tuna Salad. This is one of the best I've had. The tuna was cooked perfectly and it came with a soy ginger dressing, a soy glaze and wasabi. We were on and out in less than an hour.

• Visited June 2013