“I'd recommend the Shrimp...”
Review of Providence Cafe - CLOSED

Reviewed October 31, 2007

I'd recommend the Shrimp and Grits... [drool drool drool]

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed July 23, 2007

As an out of towner planning a bridal shower in Charlotte, Providence Cafe came highly reccommended for it's food, location and service. Well, it got two out of three right! The location and food were awesome, however the service left much to be desired. For a small party of 12 women - the manager that I had been in contact with for over a month, via email, fax, phone and in person, never even said hello, even though she was in her office. Our private room was still being set up as our guests arrived for the party, even though it was the first party of the day half an hour after the restaurant's doors opening. The only way we found out which server was assigned to us, was because I tracked down the hostess to ask. The appetizers were served before drinks were even ordered, guests were clearing their own plates, drinks were left dry and our waitress would disappear for long periods of time. It was just a disappointment knowing that the waitress was getting a 20% tip off the final bill, when we only received maybe10% worth of service. The tip should go straight to the chef because his/her meals were outstanding!! Great place for a date night - go some place else for a party!

Reviewed July 10, 2006

I selected Providence Cafe to hold a small party to celebrate a wedding anniversary. Owner Don Both was extremely accomodating to all my requests. Both he, and his staff, bent over backwards to make the event special. I can't say enough about the experience! The restaurant is very upscale, but not pretentious or "stuffy". I wonderful atmosphere for a romantic dinner, a casual lunch with friends, or drinks after work (they have a fabulous bar!). Both the food and the service were spectacular! One of my all-time favorite restaurants!!