“Delicious food, very good service and convenient location!”

Zapata's Cantina and Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1,071 of 2,439 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: University City North
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

We just had lunch at Zapata's and enjoyed it. My pollo asado burrito was excellent. It was so huge that I'm taking half home. My husband said his enchiladas were good but not outstanding. The salsa was very good and the chips tasted freshly made. The cheese dip was made with white cheese and jalapenos but it was very mild. (We actually prefer Tex-Mex style chili con queso, but this was OK.) The two small, complimentary soapillas were delicious! Overall, we enjoyed our lunch and would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

This is far better than any chain restaurant.
Try the Street Tacos. Great staff. Best Mexican I've experienced. My wife agrees. Try and sit outside if the weather is calm.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

This place does have a nice location and if the weather is nice you can sit outside next to the pond. The cheese quesadilla was barely as good as one you get a Chili's or any other chain restaurant, shame for a place that is supposed to be so authentic. The service was good though and the atmosphere is nice.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The location is great, the food was amazing (I love sopas, but they are so hard to find), and there was so much food!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Great place to grab some Mexican food while staying at the University Hilton. They offer multiple vegetarian options and their margarita's are tasty!