“We’ve eaten here multiple”
Review of Moosehead Grill

Moosehead Grill
Ranked #386 of 2,889 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Madison Park
Reviewed September 20, 2020 via mobile

We’ve eaten here multiple times and as recently as last night. My wife had the buffalo chicken sandwich and I had the blackened chicken wings. Both were excellent! The establishment is an old Pizza Inn, but don’t let the outside or inside fool you. This kitchen knows how to cook. If you’re looking for a $50.00 steak this is not the place, but if you are looking for some great bar food then you can’t beat this place! The wait staff is also very attentive. Give it a try!! You won’t leave hungry or broke.

Date of visit: September 2020

Reviewed December 1, 2019 via mobile

My wife ordered the spinach mushroom quesadilla and it was chocked full . She enjoyed it very much. I ordered the fish tacos and it was a huge piece of baked whitefish inside a Flour Burrito Shell. The flavors were perfect . I chose the sweet potato tots which were very tasty. This place rocks and they have great assortment of menu food for the same price of $9.95.
Great economical dining place. The staff was very friendly and so were the folks at the bar. We will be back very soon!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed July 27, 2019 via mobile

A hidden gem in montford. Been here a couple times now. Wings are great. Drink service is quick and responsive. Food is surprisingly good, especially when ordering off their daily whiteboard special menu. There's outdoor seating eith an upstairs balcony. Parking is very limited and it can get pretty busy here quite early. I ordered the pork loins off the whiteboars menu, and the pork was marinated and well seasoned. The portion was huge. The corn on the cob was grilled to perfection and super sweet. Good job on food presentation as well, surprised this is bar food

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 5, 2019

I work close by and the first time I went I honestly was unimpressed and didn't go back for a long time. After several years, some other local favorites faded away and I gave Moosehead a second chance and am really glad I did. I've only been there for lunch, so I cannot speak to the dinner food, but the lunch food is delicious. The menu changes a little everyday so you may not find your favorite every time. There is always a burger, one day the burger may be bacon barbecue burger with Pimento cheese and barbecue sauce. The next time it may be a swiss cheese and mushroom burger. There is always a chicken sandwich, one day maybe a Buffalo chicken sandwich with blue cheese, the next time maybe it's a jalepeno and provolone chicken sandwich. There are always 2 or 3 salads and they rotate the same way.
There are some staples. Wings and fried oysters (either on their own or in a Oyster PoBoy) always seem to be on the menu. Both are top notch. Some people feel the wings are the best in town. I don't agree, but they are very good. All meals come with a side. My favorite sides are the onion rings and the clam chowder. BTW, they had smoked pork ribs on the menu one day and I have not seen them since. They were seriously maybe the best pork ribs I have ever tasted. Smoked to perfection, moist tender but with a little pull off the bone. The sauce was divine. They were nearly perfect.
You order at the front when you walk in next to the dry erase board with the day's menu. Lunch is $11.00 cash or $11.50 with a credit card, including a drink. The atmosphere is sports bar/ old Pizza Hut/ moose paraphernalia, so don't go if you are looking for an intimate spot. But if you are looking for good food, maybe a cold beer, in a casual atmosphere, you can do a lot worse than the Moosehead Grill.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank beefydoc
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

Nothing special - Restaurant/dive bar located in an old Pizza Hut seems to be known for their wings. We ordered drinks & a bunch of appetizers to share including the mozzarella which we thought would be served in sticks but were instead huge triangles not very easy to share

Date of visit: February 2019